A dog's Teddy Bears picnic

Ship-badger

I heard on the radio news this afternoon that a guard dog at Wookey-Hole showcaves Teddy Bear museum chewed it's way through a large number of the exhibits that it was meant to be guarding, including one bear that once belonged to Elvis which was bought for $40,000.

My dogs have done a bit of damage over the years. They ate a mobile phone, a pair of expensive sunglasses that I had only owned for about 3 hours, and one pedal of an exercise bike to name but a few.

What have your dogs eaten or wrecked.

W

wormster

We used to have a sheepdog that hated DIY everytime we got the hammers and drills out and began to make noise, he would eat the sofa, as we were doing up a delapidated victorian house the sofa had more gaffer tape than material.

A neighbour of ours has another sheepdog that has a perchant for ladies thongs, he likes to pull them off the washingline and eat those. (they look really GROSS comming out the other end :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:)

Slug

Lived with a friend for a few months, He had a big dopey Rottweiler. She was a very gentle Dog, but too stupid to stop moving when She got to where She was going.
As He got home from work one night, the Pooch, happy to see Him, came bounding up just as He was climbing off of His Bike, 9 stone of Dog hit Him at about 15 MPH, knocking Him off balance, His BMW 1100 then proceded to fall on Him, breaking His leg.  :cry:.             
  The dog waddled off to Her basket and settled down, getting up only to give a half arsed bark at the Ambulance crew when they arrived..

M

Melanie lloyd

My Auntie Anne once had a dog who tried to commit suicide by overdosing on a box Diazipam  :yucky:

D

darkplaces

I love this bit;
"Heads pulled off, arms, legs here and there, it was a total carnage really. I've never seen such a mess, there was stuffing, fluff and bear bits everywhere."
Daniel Medley reporting from iraq...

I was told that a poodle tried to eat Whitelackington!!! No it was a doberman and Whitelackington was very ill for several months.

Andy Sparrow

The only thing my old dog Rags destroyed was my dignity on one occasion.  About 10 or so years ago we were having a Wessex Challenge event based on the Gladiator TV series.  I was knocked off a plastic drum by my opponent with a big padded stick and landed on my hands and knees on the grass.  My trusty old mutt then broke ranks from the considerable crowd of spectators and proceeded to mount me from behind, managing several pelvic thrusts before I dislodged him.  There were cheers of encouragement, a clicking and whirring of many cameras, and subsequently a caption competition in the BEC Belfry Bulletin. 

Slug

I spent an hour this morning scanning through B.B. back issues on the BEC website, to no avail....If Andy could let Us all know exactly what Year that particular Wessex Challenge took place it will help Me to narrow the search. :tease:

D

Deeply Mendippy

This looks like it may be a before (or perhaps after) photo.

http://homepage.mac.com/pfellows1/speleolabsweb/endorsements.html

Cave_Troll

according to one newspaper, the colelction was so valuable that the insurance company insisted on a guard dog...

T

tiggs

we've got three dogs, the eldest ones eaten an electric razor, a dining room carpet, three dining room chairs, the legs off the sideboard, the ariel wire off the telly, the wire off the play station, a big bean bag, (sounds a bit like generation game doesnt it?!)

Our youngest dog eats barbie dolls, stuffed toys, and today has destroyed the book i was reading (i only had 35 pages left to go) and one of my best shoes.

With our oldest dog we were thinking about getting him done, we mentioned this to a collegue who said "you dont wanna chop his b*lls of you wanna pull his pruddy teeth out!"

:clap:

ian mckenzie

I don't have a dog, but my friend Tich Morris does (anybody old enough to remember him??).  Tich's dog ate most of the inside of his car.  His previous dog ate someone else's lunches (all of them) on a week-long caving field-camp.

C

Chrissi

Hmm, why does the term "publicity stunt" come to mind.  If the collection was that valuable why wasn't it behind glass?

Andy Sparrow

Slug said:
I spent an hour this morning scanning through B.B. back issues on the BEC website, to no avail....If Andy could let Us all know exactly what Year that particular Wessex Challenge took place it will help Me to narrow the search. :tease:

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragsgy6.jpg

Who says I take myself too seriously?

Hughie

Andy Sparrow said:
Slug said:

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ragsgy6.jpg

That'll bring a smile to the Eldon!! Nice one.  ;)

A

andymorgan

Andy Sparrow said:

Paople who don't know you 8)

What was the winning caption?

Did the dog 'cave safe' so to speak?