Author Topic: Have you seen the new BCA web site?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Judi Durber

• forum star
Have you seen the new BCA web site?
« on: October 08, 2020, 11:53:57 am »
  :clap2:   Looking fab   :bounce:

https://british-caving.org.uk/

Well done everyone for getting this up & running   :bow:
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life waiting for us.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
Re: Have you seen the new BCA web site?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 12:17:00 pm »
Clearly, some folk have done a great deal of work to arrive at this impressive result.

Just wanted to say a quiet thank you! :thumbsup:

Offline al

• forum star
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 01:04:34 pm »
Neither of the "?" links for non-cavers in joint memberships on the DIMs page of individual membership fees works.
Old ... but not old enough to know any better

Offline Ian Ball

• forum hero
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 01:17:57 pm »
It's a WIP the IT working group are churning through the site testing and fixing as they go.  Drop them a line at the IT address for the BCA.

Offline aricooperdavis

• forum star
  • Cornwall to Cumbria
    • Cooper-Davis.net
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 02:09:44 pm »
Neither of the "?" links for non-cavers in joint memberships on the DIMs page of individual membership fees works.

Thanks Al, should be fixed now! If you find anything else please could you send it to me at it@british-caving.org.uk? :thumbsup:

Offline BCA Secretary

• addict
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 02:49:59 pm »
 Dear Members,

The face of the BCA has now started to change with a brand new website, that looks slick, modern and informative, and one that as a National Body, we should be proud of. I really hope as a member of the BCA, you will take the time to take a look at the new website https://british-caving.org.uk/ and give any feedback to Ari (the working party convenor, whose email address is IT@British-caving.org.uk).

I would also encourage people to send caving news etc to the P&I working group (email address is publications@british-caving.org.uk) so that it can be put onto the website, to keep it current and interesting but also show the wider community the great things cavers are doing.

A massive thanks has to be extended to the IT working group for achieving this (both past and present), as I know they have been very busy trying to bring us this new website, as well as a new membership database and an electronic AGM (a first for the BCA) with all its associated complications.

Fantastic, a great achievement with a big thanks!

Phil Rowsell
Acting BCA Chair

Offline wellyjen

• addict
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 03:30:43 pm »
Looks good. I know how much work setting up a replacement web site involves. There are a some dead links in the Equipment & Techniques page to two papers on Chloride stress corrosion cracking of stainless steel. https://british-caving.org.uk/about-bca/committees-groups/equipment-techniques-committee/
Jen
Can't sleep. Clowns will eat me.
CCPC

Offline aricooperdavis

• forum star
  • Cornwall to Cumbria
    • Cooper-Davis.net
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 04:50:21 pm »
Looks good. I know how much work setting up a replacement web site involves. There are a some dead links in the Equipment & Techniques page to two papers on Chloride stress corrosion cracking of stainless steel. https://british-caving.org.uk/about-bca/committees-groups/equipment-techniques-committee/
Jen

Thanks for the heads up, this should be fixed too now :)

Offline Judi Durber

• forum star
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 09:54:10 am »

I thought I knew my way round the BCA web page but I have lost the who's who list  :'( as I know people have moved round.

Not sure how to contact the web boffins so trying here  :-\

I think the main Contact page needs updating too. 

Could you put a link to the page on here please  ;D
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life waiting for us.

Offline aricooperdavis

• forum star
  • Cornwall to Cumbria
    • Cooper-Davis.net
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 10:10:12 am »
Here's the list of who's who at the BCA, found by using the menu: About BCA > BCA Council

It looks like the tables don't format very nicely on mobile, which I'll add to the to-do list :)

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal