2nd September evening spare

Peter Burgess

I am going to be quite close to Mendip Hills on 2nd September (work related), and may well have the evening free. May I be a bit cheeky and ask if there is anything happening (regular or otherwise) I can come and join in? I promise not to be (too) irritating.  :)

Stupot

Wednesday 2nd you say, that will of course be a Wednesday evening, therefore no caving trips will be available other than digging  ;)

Stu.

whitelackington

Peter Burgess said:
I am going to be quite close to Mendip Hills on 2nd September (work related), and may well have the evening free. May I be a bit cheeky and ask if there is anything happening (regular or otherwise) I can come and join in? I promise not to be (too) irritating.  :)
Templeton operates on a Wednesday Peter you ought to ask for an invite, ask Hughie.

Les W

Non caving I know but some (2-3) of the Hidden Earth tech team meet at the Wessex  each Wednesday to prepare the equipment for the event (and obviously end up in the Hunters at some point). You are most welcome to come and keep us company.  :beer:

Peter Burgess

Les W said:
Non caving I know but some (2-3) of the Hidden Earth tech team meet at the Wessex  each Wednesday to prepare the equipment for the event (and obviously end up in the Hunters at some point). You are most welcome to come and keep us company.  :beer:

Does keeping you company merit a discount on the fees?

Les W

Peter Burgess said:
Les W said:

Does keeping you company merit a discount on the fees?

Coupled with your kind offer to volunteer help at the weekend it might.  ;)

Peter Burgess

Hmmm.... What help? How much help? PM with details please......

Headlines in Descent

"LesW discourages keen potential digger from going underground, by providing a financial incentive to become a Hidden Earth dogsbody"

"Can't have non lurcals messing up our secret digging operations" LesW is overheard saying in an unnamed local hostelry.

Elaine

whitelackington said:
Templeton operates on a Wednesday Peter you ought to ask for an invite, ask Hughie.

Or me. I am in charge now you know Whitelackington!

Yes Peter, you could always come and visit us. anytime after 7pm there should be someone there - or 7.30pm latest.
It has changed a bit since you were there and the very worst is that you can witness 7 pumps operating at their finest.

Then you get to go to the Hunters' where I will fleece you for a quid.

Peter Burgess

Oooo! Looks like I am torn between the lovely Elaine and the Gorgeous Les! I suppose it comes down to money though, at  the end of the day. How much does Les charge?

Les W

Visiting us is free but you may get pressed into helping sort some AV kit or something...

...or we might just go to the pub.  :beer:

whitelackington

Peter Burgess said:
Hello Peter, what cave did you do?

whitelackington

whitelackington said:
Peter Burgess said:

I thought not.

Peter Burgess

whitelackington said:
whitelackington said:
Peter Burgess said:

I thought not.
You mean you don't think.