Disto X2 - calibration!

Scud

Hopefully somebody will be able to advice me on this.

I have Disto X2 which I have been trying to calibrate, I have followed the instructions and come up with an error value of less than 0.5 so that works. It's when I update the calibration to the disto X2 from Pocket Topo, in the status bar its says ?update in  progress? so assume its working but then it freezes, Bluetooth disconnects and then nothing happens. After a while, the Disto X2 turns off. Is this normal?

Thinking it had worked, when I have used the Disto X2 underground today, the compass bearings that I get were 180o or 0o and nothing else. The distance and clino function seemed to be working.

Any ideas on what is happening?

sluka

First of all: Check the DistoX before going underground. Measure four shots from a poin1 to point2 with rotation (display up. right, down and left) and another four shots from point2 to poin1. All measurements should be in interval 1?.

Which PDA do you use? Typicaly HPs have big problems with BT connection.

Scud

Hi Sluka

I have done the calibration again today but rather than evaluate it with my laptop, I have evaluated it on my HP IPAQ 114 and uploaded the data to the disto and it went through the full process, finishing with OK on the status bar. I have tested it as described above and it appears now to be working.

I am now wondering why it isn't working when I evaluate the data on my laptop then update it to the disto. Any ideas?

Wayne

Scud

Hope somebody can help. My DistoX2 won't calibrate again.

I calibrated it a few months ago and it worked fine and I was using it. I had an issue with it where some water got into it that caused some issues with it but Benfool took it apart, dried it out, plugged it all back together and got it working. He updated the software etc and got it working, I just needed to calibrate it.

I have tried twice now to calibrate it using Pocket Topo on the PDA and I'm getting the following screen (see image).

15158426276_bef6d66262_m.jpg

I have used the exact same location and points used before for calibration. Has anybody got any ideas of what is going wrong, as  can't find anything on-line anywhere about this?

Thanks

Wayne