Tilberthwaite Area Info

Paul Marvin

Hi Guys

Had another trip in here today as original plans were cancelled due to very heavy rain in the last 24 hrs , even in here the water was deeper than we have ever experienced , well over wellies in places . The average spray paint bell end has been in spraying arrows all over the place like you could ever get lost in one main passage FFS there were even out and arrows sprayed about 40 mts from the clear to be seen entrance/exit  :chair:.

Another thing if anybody knows , we we took our Patterdale for a walk after towards Hodge just after passing through Tilberthwaite farm yard the track rises steeply for a short while , on the right we peered over the new railings we could just  see what looked like a entrance to another quarry/ mine  and some spoiles that could be clearly seen . Does this go anywhere or just a cavern type hole going back under the track?

We are still amazed at the dig that took place in Tilberthwaite, anybody not been in there to see its worth a look for sure.

Paul

royfellows

I now include a wire brush in my kit. It does make me wonder though, why spray the stupid things within sight of daylight? Probably a reflection of the intelligence we are dealing with.

Paul Marvin

royfellows said:
I now include a wire brush in my kit. It does make me wonder though, why spray the stupid things within sight of daylight? Probably a reflection of the intelligence we are dealing with.

Just what we said

tomferry

I?f you don?t mind Paul can I go slightly of topic , how come it appears more people spray arrows in mines and not caves ?  :confused:

royfellows

I can probably answer that. A lot of mines are easy walk ins, and I think this attracts the torch and old anorak type, who are more likely to spray paint all over the place.
I do really hate this.

Paul Marvin

royfellows said:
I can probably answer that. A lot of mines are easy walk ins, and I think this attracts the torch and old anorak type, who are more likely to spray paint all over the place.
I do really hate this.

Nowadys more like trainers and a phone light Roy. BTW we did scrub a lot out but some wouldn't move

tomferry

I think we need the song of our mining moderator that will sort them out  :spank:

I remember one part a kick in the b@lls  :clap: :clap: :clap:

AR

Or as I've suggested on numerous occasions, if you catch the perpetrators in the act then take the opportunity to educate them as to why spraying arrows in mines is a bad idea and what the word "suppository" means...

RobinGriffiths

AR said:
Or as I've suggested on numerous occasions, if you catch the perpetrators in the act then take the opportunity to educate them as to why spraying arrows in mines is a bad idea and what the word "suppository" means...

There aren't any stalagmites in mines though!

AR

Note the bit about catching them in the act, i.e. in possession of a spray can!

tomferry

The largest destruction I have ever seen is in a certain stone mine near Bath where?s it?s impossible to get a photo without it containing graff.

Cantclimbtom

This is ridiculous, why do you let people who spray paint in there?

It'll only cost you ?1.29 and you won't have any more spray-paint or YouTube video problems again

Just get one of these at the entrance, problem solved!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181037796463?hash=item2a26b18c6f:g:3Q0AAOSwLJdd750e