Caves of the Peak District book

newcastlecaver

Hi,

Sheffield City Library used to have a copy of 'Caves of the Peak district' and Northern Caves one. Both books as everyone is aware are rare gems and it was useful having them there. However i went back about a month and a half ago and both books plus a couple of others had been 'lost'. Well we know what that means. Every person who has borrowed them including me must have thought that it would be nice to nick 'em both and perhaps give the library a tenner. They probably don't realise they are valuable. But up until recently no-one had actually done it. It really p**ses me off that what was useful to so many of us is now in the hands of just one person cos they were selfish enough to nick it. I noticed there are now two copies up on e-bay (don't all rush at once) but i can't help wondering if that selfish person might even sell that copy. the library even subscribes to Descent which is more than most. If you nicked it and read this- please hand it back

From a disgruntled user of Sheffield Library. :cry:

bubba

Administrator
There's a new version of this guide out soonish.....SamT (who's currently deep inside the Berger) is the man doing the job.

paul

bubba said:
There's a new version of this guide out soonish.....SamT (who's currently deep inside the Berger) is the man doing the job.

Why is he writing the new version of COTPD deep inside the Berger? :wink:

A friend of mine bought a mint copy of the COTPD from a charity shop in Ashbourne a few weeks ago...