• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

Cloud formations

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Some different cloud formations over the Dales this evening.
My rubbish phone can't capture them, any one else got any better photos or know anything about clouds to shed some light??

Attachments

• 20200418_194754.jpg
    20200418_194754.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 256

Fjell

High pressure trough clag. Don?t worry, the charts are showing a week of continuous sunshine going forward for you to look at with disbelief as the days roll by.

Wind was slightly chilly at 600m today when the clag turned up and sun went in. Was only in T shirt. We ran all the way back, which is not normal for us old folks.

I must say we have been getting thinner and fitter over the last month. All we need to do now is go caving in some way that does not result in Morecambe Bay trust collapsing once again.

Fjell

We found the 85 year-old girl I take stuff to every day chugging up the hill very very slowly.

It?s dogged as does it.

Tommy

Some lenticular influence to the left there. To be expected with several days of a cold stable airmass moving in.

We've had the following funkshow above sheffield this evening.

Banter still raging on the paragliding page to work out if it's mammatus, tomatus, or whogivesafartus.

Attachments

• DSCF2751.jpg
    DSCF2751.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 120
  • DSCF2758.jpg
    DSCF2758.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 125

Laurie

An absence of con-trails is noticeable.
They were frequently noughts and crosses over East Sussex.

pwhole

Topimo said:
Some lenticular influence to the left there. To be expected with several days of a cold stable airmass moving in.

We've had the following funkshow above sheffield this evening.

Banter still raging on the paragliding page to work out if it's mammatus, tomatus, or whogivesafartus.

I spent a good half-hour in a park in Sheffield yesterday evening staring at those - very trippy indeed. Pity they weren't rainbow-coloured like the ones we had in Castleton last year.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I was staring at the sky for ages - clouds looked like something off a Sci Fi film, as if any minute a spaceship would appear out of one of the 'swirly holes' - and no I hadnt been drinking :)