LiDAR mapping system

klzil

Anyone know where to buy LiDAR mapping system, preferably in UK?
I don't know any more than that, e.g. specific details, as it's not for me.
Thanks!

klzil

Alanw, thanks for the reply.

My friend is looking for handheld system, such as Zebedee  [Zebedee is a handheld 3D mapping system, which consists of a lightweight LiDAR scanner....]

Any one have any experience with held held scanners?

alanw

klzil said:

My friend is looking for handheld system, such as Zebedee  [Zebedee is a handheld 3D mapping system, which consists of a lightweight LiDAR scanner....]

Kevin Dixon gave a presentation to the BPC a month or so ago about using a Leica Disto X2 to survey Gaping Gill.

It has a laser rangefinder function he was using to probe up into avens.

See his postings in this thread:

http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=16012.msg208616

graham

klzil said:

I know of a couple of cavers who have some experience of devices such as those used in the Zebedee system. As yet, I don't think anyone from the caving community has used such a system underground, but watch this space ...

peterk

If Zebedee is the name of a handle + large spring + box on the end and looks like something from a sex toy catalogue then one was used in Yordas and Valley Entrance a few weeks ago.  Steve Round of Bernies will know a name(s) if his blood pressure has come down following the young lady's demonstration as to how to wave it around.

joe_quimby

Hi all

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread...

The company I work for (3D Laser Mapping) is supplier of the Zebedee scanner, so I might be able to answer some of your questions.

We've done a few tests in a couple of UK sites, so I'll try to get permission to post some data on here.

Cheers,
Joe