How old is it?

Brains

Just bought a new SRT harness as the old one was a bit long in the tooth - looks useable but...
It's a purple Petzl super avanti (with the steel rings for the D link). The twin back straps are the same width as the legloops. Must be at least 10 years old. One of you must know when all purple ones were sold between?
Reckon there is plenty of life left in it so open to offers  :LOL:

Attachments

• harness1.jpg
    harness1.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 340
  • harness2.jpg
    harness2.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 126

PeteHall

When I joined my university club in 2005, we had a purple one and it was old then, so guessing it's got to be getting on for 20 years old or more by now...

I can't comment on the one in the picture, that is definitely before my time!

Fjell

This is one of those in 1995. Yours seems faded slightly.

Attachments

• D54D3953-8AC9-4AE8-9CC9-484AD80C8528.png
    D54D3953-8AC9-4AE8-9CC9-484AD80C8528.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 130

Brains

Earliest photo of it in use I can find is this one from 2007 in Cligga Head.
If my fading memory and grey cells can be trusted I think I bought it in March 93 before a Notts Pot trip as the previous one was falling apart and I bullied into going to Inglesport to part with cash before I was allowed underground!
That would make it 28 years from purchase  :eek:
The pictures at the top were taken under a crappy low energy light so it looks very washed out compared to how it really is, but not as purple as this pic shows... The early days of my digital photography underground, but this was taken by Chris, known as Tin Miner.
I have been offered ?20 for it from a mate so he can teach his Mrs SRT... Bargain :D

Attachments

• Bri in Cligga Head (Pic by TM).JPG
    Bri in Cligga Head (Pic by TM).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 126

sinker

Badlad said:
Ha ha.  !990's I reckon.  I expect it will burn well  ;)

I'd cut it up and throw it in the skip right now. It's *probably* ok but I wouldn't like to test it "at altitude"  ;)

pwhole

I'm still struggling to see the purple bit. It seems to exactly match the colour of most of Peak Cavern - is that a clue? ;)

Frog2

Picture of a photo (therefore might not be clear, if it posts at all!) of me in Jingling Pot I believe in 1990 - I had just got over pneumonia!
Still have the harness for old times sake.

Attachments

• Jingling 1989.jpg
    Jingling 1989.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 128

Moose

That was the old Petzl Fractio, the original version with the twin backstraps that crossed over as opposed to the version after that (which was crap) with a parallel thinner upper strap.

Age.... I'd say Early 1990's

Brains

So it would seem my guesstimate of '93 is about right. Not a bad innings  ;) And there is life left in it too! :eek:

Rachel

Brains said:
So it would seem my guesstimate of '93 is about right. Not a bad innings  ;) And there is life left in it too! :eek:
That sounds about right. I started caving in the autumn of 1993, bought my first petzl harness ( a white one) and was annoyed when the nicer purple came out almost straight after.