Dig in Eldon Hill Quarry - Info wanted

Spires

A mate of mine asked, if I knew anything about a 'dig' about 200m east of Convenience Cave in Eldon Hill Quarry. I had a look through my 'Descent' magazines in Peak District section over past few years, but didn't see anything. Can you help? Many thanks, Paul. 

pwhole

Yes. The last time I was in it was looking pretty good (if you like orange laminated sediment fill that is), and I could just about stand up at the face again, but I gather he and Luke have been back since, so I'm sure there's progress. Though I feel like his booking agent now, so hopefully he'll be along very soon to issue a statement...

alastairgott

Had another little furtle in there before christmas, it's still progressing.

I've got a plan to see how much fill might need removing, so i might update when i have more info.

alastairgott

Up to you pal, if you live locally and can walk there sure police will have no problem.

Ignoring Covid for a second, yes the quarry is fine to visit under normal circumstances.

alastairgott

Well, if you have room, then take a crowbar. The one directly opposite you with the mound of dirt outside needs a dig. Can?t remember when I was last there (edit yes I can, day before rescue in Yorkshire at start of year). it was when we had Ann and canary there. Ann had a furtle in the wall and we were positive about the direction of that.

Have not been back since, but there was a dig on that Sunday that I couldn?t help with.

pwhole

I hope that dodgy face above hasn't dropped and they're surviving on one dry tub of Pot Noodles and roof-drips. Maybe you should go and have a look? Take a crowbar, etc... :halo:

PS - I think most of the police in Sheffield must be watching drone monitors or all at roadblocks in the Peak District, as there aren't many round these parts lately. Mind you, there's nowt happening.