• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Exercise

T pot 2

If one was to go searching for cave and mine entrances near where they live could this be  part of a daily exercise regime?

NewStuff

In Wales, you can't drive to your daily exercise. but otherwise, yeah, I see no reason why not as long as you maintain distancing if you happen to see people on your exercise. I went along the surface features of Penarth yesterday as I'm local to that.

Alex

I would say so yes, provided you don't accidently fall in one. I already found one near me, but not been in yet... lets see what Boris says. I would rather go down proper caves as they are far safer and as we know no one wants a call out as the media would have a bloody field day.

alastairgott

Where are you going anyway? off to find Mark's drafting hole and Fly your underpants on a stick to claim it for your own?  ;)

Minion

In Wales, I believe the official guidance is within ?easy walking distance of home?.

For me that means, provided I get up at the crack of dawn, that the whole of Llangattock, Llangynidr and the Blorenge are available to me.

Maybe it?s a good time for me to go hunting for the mythical 11th,12th and 13th Dreanen entrances.....

Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time.

mikem

I'm afraid the Welsh legislation states that 4 or 5 hours of exercise is unlikely to be reasonable.

mikem

Anyway, some advice for all regions on:
http://www.danknessbelow.co.uk/2020/04/20/get-fit-with-dankness-below/