smileys

bubba

Administrator
There used to be many more smileys than there are now. After a few complaints about how obtrusive they were I instead offered a cut-down set of smileys. What you're probably seeing is references to ones that are no longer there.

It's actually something on the list of things to sort out - A better way of doing it is to offer more than one user-selectable smiley set. That way you can pick your own set, either with just a few smileys, the current set, or the full set.

rich

Oh god! Fewer smileys please. They're offensively cute and cheerful. And lazy people use them instead of writing what  they :chair: :( :( o_O :thumbsdown: :mad:  :cry:

whitelackington

Well, i LIKE CHAINSAWS but apart from that Why can';t we have one, there are other people who contribute to this forum and they also like chainsaws!

cap n chris

I'm rather partial to marshmallows, tablecloths, lathes and wood-turning tools generally, scanning electron microscopes, carpet-laying, twig-sculpture (probably related to my lathe fetish), sunbathing, collecting tin foil, polishing formica, hoop-la and coconut shys.

If you can get relevant smileys for all (or any) of these I'd appreciate it.  (y)