Call for info - UNCC Research

thehungrytroglobite

Hi all!

I'm the Treasurer for the University of Newcastle Caving Club (UNCC) this year and I am currently in the research stage for a book I am hoping to write on the history of the club.

If you are in a different caving club and happen to have some information relating to UNCC in your archives:
> Please get in contact!

If you know someone else who was in UNCC:
> Please forward this message onto them.

If you were in UNCC:
> Please get in contact! Any info you have, no matter how small, could be of value. You may be able to help me find other contacts (I'm trying to trace the ex-members back as far as possible); I would also love to hear about your time in the club, and if anyone has any PHOTOGRAPHS, maps, or other material relating to the club a copy of these would be incredibly helpful!

My e-mail is: annaemtaylor@gmail.com

Hopefully talk to some of you soon!

Best wishes,
Anna.

PeteHall

When I was at Durham Uni, we set up the joint Newcastle and Durham Social and Caving Klub or NADSACK for short. That was probably around 2007-2008.

Although a very short chapter in the two club's history, we had some fun and made lasting friendships and caving partnerships across the two clubs.

I'm sure this is recent enough history that you'll know who was about at the time, but happy to share contact details if you want to drop me a PM.

We did make one small joint discovery in the Weardale too  (y)

droid

Had some good trips with UNCC in the mid 80s.

Left when a mate clobbered the Pres at a party in Jesmond.... ::)

smollett

Hi Anna,
I have a folder still with a load of UNCC stuff from a few years back. I have the following:
Newsletters from 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,
Trip register 2006-2007

I had a few years worth of trip reports from this era also but would need to search for them.

There are a couple of digs (one with visible passage ahead) which I doubt have been looked at since we left them. Working abroad has curtailed my caving activity for some years now.
Let me know if any of these are of interest!

James