• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

SUI Lockdown Livestreams #4 - Cave Surveying [11/06/2020]

pmccarron97

Another week, another of our Lockdown Livestreams!

Firstly, i'd like to say a big thank you to all who have been engaging and watching the livestreams of a weekly basis. The level of support and engagement we've received to date has been overwhelming!
Another big thanks to Jane for sharing these posts on the UK Caving Forum, that certainly has been a big help & boost to our viewing numbers  :)

This Week's Topic is on Cave Surving - Featuring our Special Guests, Petie Barry and Adam Prior.

The Livestream (we hope) will be a mix of discussion and explanation of Survex from Petie Barry, whom is part of the Shannon Caving Group, and then Therion from Adam Prior, who is part of the DCU Caving Club and also a returning guest to our show!
Petie has been surveying caves since 2010 and has been uses a mix of software for his surveying approach, including - Survex, Illustrator, AutoCad and InDesign! In addition, Adam has been caving since 2013 and has been mastering his art of surveying over the last couple of years.

We hope this mix of guests can bring about an interesting discussion (with the input from our chat members) on Cave Surveying as a whole!

So join us again, this Thursday, 11th June 2020 at 8pm on our YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAKCJQEVME

A big thank you once again to all the guests who have appeared throughout our series so far, in addition to all the photographers who have kindly allowed use of their photographs during the stream, including Robert Mulraney and Adam Prior.

If you would like to suggest a topic, or would like to come on the event as a guest, please feel free to message us either through the form, or via email: suipublicrelations@gmail.com

NB: As with all livestreaming events, we hope that everything runs smoothly, however there is still the chance that some of our guests who will be joining us may have internet connection issues. I apologise in advance if any issues present themselves during the stream. I personally will be fighting the technical challenges live as they present themselves!

Kind Regards,
Paul McCarron

SUI Public Relations Officer
www.caving.ie
suipublicrelations@gmail.com​

Attachments

• Lockdown_Livestream_4_Cave_Surveying.jpeg
    Lockdown_Livestream_4_Cave_Surveying.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 278

Pitlamp

This is a long shot - but - is Petie Barrie related to Pat Barrie, who used to come over from Cork (I think) to camp at the Gaping Gill winch meet each August in the 1970s?

Subpopulus Hibernia

Pitlamp said:
This is a long shot - but - is Petie Barrie related to Pat Barrie, who used to come over from Cork (I think) to camp at the Gaping Gill winch meet each August in the 1970s?

I am indeed, Pa's my uncle, I think he was a Craven member at the time. My father Pete went over once or twice as well.

Petie

Pitlamp

Blimey - small world!

I'll send you a PM later - am just in the middle of a video conference as I type . . .