• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

El Speleo Gnoma lamp repairs

Trig Gledhill

My Gnoma has paid the price of many an hour crawling and rubbing against South Wales finest systems and due to the length of the cable and having an Elios helmet the cable and more importantly the waterproof screwpoint for connecting lamp to battery can be intermittent.

Now I've message El Speleo and yes they were very helpful but for cable change they put in me in touch with "James" who I think is in America....maybe I don't know but I don't think I'm prepared to send my lamp abroad for ---long or risk it getting lost.

Is there any gurus who could help? I use to be able to many years ago when I was in the light and sound industry but I wouldn't want to risk doing it myself now.

Dave

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smudge375

A bit late I know.
I do know someone who had a issue when their battery box kept spinning on the back of their helmet and it damaged the wire.
They managed to send it back to El Speleo and got it repaired without a hitch.
Their service is great but I understand your concerns about the postal service. Is there no way you can find a cable and fix it yourself?

JoshW

I had issues with the waterproof connector on my el speleo rescue. Ended up cutting the connector out and hard wiring it to the battery box. Means I have to remove the battery to charge it, but it no longer turns itself off whilst I?m caving