• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

Projector

Mark

I am going to do a talk to the village society and would like to include some pics, most of the ones I have are around 1MB

What sort of projector do I need to get anything like a decent picture on a screen.

Anyone in the peaks got one I can borrow?

Les W

When?
I can get one of the Hidden Earth projectors to the BCA meeting in Alvechurch on Saturday so id somebody from the Peak district is going (which is almost certain) then I can caver post it to you for a loan.

nickwilliams

Mark,

You'll have seen the one the Eldon have used a few times: it's mine and you are welcome to borrow it if you would like to. It's not terribly powerful though.

Bear in mind I am on my way to Mulu on Wednesday and won't be back until the end of the month.

Nick.

Mark

Brilliant Nick I will call in tomorrow if you are around

Thanks for the offer Les But Nicks is only a couple of miles away

Les W

Mark said:
Thanks for the offer Les But Nicks is only a couple of miles away

No problem mate, thought I'd offer.
That said, if you don't need it this weekend I could still send one with Nick (assuming he will be at the BCA meeting) so you would have a choice.
I think the Hidden Earth ones are quite bright (can't tell you the ansi lumens without popping to the store to check but I reckon they are 3500), but if Nick's is good enough then use that one.