Ashover area caves and pots

martinb

Does anyone have up to date info on the Ashover (near Clay Cross (Near Chesterfield)) caves and pots?

I live fairly close and - hopefully - will be walking the area next Sunday 18th - assuming that Barrow Hill Beer Fest doesn't kill me off first..... :beer:

I understand Fallgate Cave is accessible - so me and my laddo will be walking with our gear should the opportunity arise...

Ta

Martin

martinb

Didn't go on the 18th as planned - yours truly was suffering the after effects of Barrow Hill Beer Festival and upsetting the neighbours with a 'harvey smith' flung in their direction!  :confused:

However, am planning a walk their on Monday 2nd complete with gear.

Does anyone have any pointers/ideas etc?

Big Jim

I hear the BH beer fest was good.  Mate of mine went to sup the ale thats named after him, alas he's now in hospital after heart attack (at 33) so his drinking days may be over.
:cry:
There is a shaft at side of track down to overton hall.  About 100 yrds before hall on right in edge of field.  Lidded shaft with lock, but can be got round easily if you undo bolt on other side of lid.  I think its quite deep (100ft plus) but never been down.

martinb

Big Jim said:
There is a shaft at side of track down to overton hall.  About 100 yrds before hall on right in edge of field.  Lidded shaft with lock, but can be got round easily if you undo bolt on other side of lid.  I think its quite deep (100ft plus) but never been down.

Hmmmm,  :-\ looking for something slightly more horizontal than vertical........ I understand Fallgate is horizontal, I take it there are no restrictions around there.....