Forum running slowly

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had problems with the forum running really slowly over the past couple of days??  I have but thought it was my laptop/home broadband.

Thanks to those who have messaged me about this.

Typically as soon as I contact the IT guys and await their reply it's speeded up again, for me at least - anyone else??

Thanks, Pegasus

Leclused

initial load is slow but once the forum is loaded no significant difference when  jumping to a thread or subforum

Inferus

I did notice it being slightly slower than normal past few days, but I quite often view it on my phone so that is hit and miss with the signal.
If the initial load is slow it might be the database server - I noticed with a forum on a previous host it was quite sluggish to start then fine (but that was all the time not a blip).

Cookie

For me it was running slowly last night and this morning.

It took something like 10 seconds to respond to each key click whereas normally it would be almost instant.

However the problem has gone away. It all seems to be fine now.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Cookie said:

I so wish I could say that 'Yes, I've sorted the problem using my extensive IT knowledge' - however that would be a big fat lie  :lol ;)

bograt

Pegasus said:
Cookie said:

I so wish I could say that 'Yes, I've sorted the problem using my extensive IT knowledge' - however that would be a big fat lie  :lol ;)

It reverted to normal speed just after you told me you'd messaged the IT guys Pegasus (y)  (y)

bograt

Cookie said:
It took something like 10 seconds to respond to each key click whereas normally it would be almost instant.

Lucky you, I timed responses this morning at 30 seconds before I pm'd Pegasus.  :cry: :cry: