Access from China

Roger W

Tried to log onto ukcaving a few times over the last 3 weeks while I've been in China, but couldn't.

Just got a screen saying the site was unavailable (at least, that's what my friend translated it as - my Chinese is pretty basic).

Anyone any ideas what might have been the problem?

O

old-timer

you'd be amazed at the range of sites that aren't accesible from China, it's worse than Iran in my experience

mind you, you don't get all the spam; shows how THAT problem stands. Spam could be cured tomorow but the will isn't there....

Roger W

bubba said:
"The Great Firewall of China"?

I have a regular user from HK on ukBouldering - it's nothing at the server end - even if it was, it certainly wouldn't be a message in Chinese as I don't know a single word of it!

Not blaming you for the Chinese message, Bubba!  My Hong Kong friend's computer has Chinese Windows and all the menus, comments and stuff come up in Chinese.  Nope - it seems ukcaving must have somewhere transgressed the internet regulations of the PRC.  I can get you here in HK.  And I was able to get you in China the other year when I was living there.  What's changed?  It must be that chainsaw-wielding bunny!

ian.p

im prety sure UKc is censored in china was there last week (in mongolia at the moment...)