RIP Barry Cryer OBE

Mrs Trellis

Master joke teller and gag writer for so many comedians and shows. He would telephone friends on their birthdays and told them a gag he's probably heard in the pub.

Stalwart of ISIHAC - firstly a chairman then a panellist.

One of Barry Cryer's many, many jokes:

Man walks into a shop and says "I'd like a wasp please."
Shopkeeper says "Sir, this is a cake shop, we don't sell wasps" and the customer replies, "well there's one in the window."

RIP Barry - the world is now a less funny place.

FKGbrAfXwAAzVdV

alanw

Barry Cryer was a regular on I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue

https://rfvt.org.uk/p/tmp/ISIHAC-BPC2.mp3

"The Bradford Potholing Club is one of the most active in Yorkshire. Funded by the city council the skilled Bradford Potholers go out at night looking for any road surfaces that have become too smooth and dig holes in them"

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/isihac/episodes/61/6/

Mrs Trellis

Mods - please correct my typo in the link. Obviously [ not{ Tia.

More BC gags:-
A man was driving down a country lane and ran over a cockerel. Deeply upset, he knocked the door of a nearby farmhouse. A woman opened it. The man said: ?I?ve killed your cockerel. I?d like to replace him.? ?Please yourself,? she said. ?The hens are round the back.?

One of many parrot gags:-
"A woman walks past a petshop and sees a magnificent parrot in the window.
She rushes inside and says, 'How much for the parrot?' '?5,' says the shopkeeper.
'Only ?5? I've got to have it,' says the woman. 'Why's it so cheap?'
'Well, I must confess, it was brought up in a brothel,' said the shopkeeper. 'And, to put it politely, it has quite an extensive vocabulary.'
'Never mind,' says the woman. 'At that price, I'll take it.'
So she takes the parrot home, puts its cage in the living room and takes the cover off.
'New place - very nice,' says the parrot.
Then the woman's two daughters walk in.
'New place, new girls - very nice,' says the parrot.
Then the woman's husband walks in, and the parrot says, 'Oh hello, Keith!'

Golden Eagle:-
You know about the man who shot the golden eagle. He was in court in front of a justice of the peace.
Justice of the peace said, ?This is horrible.?
He said: ?I never intended. I was shooting a pheasant, and it flew to my line of fire.?
Justice of the Peace said, ?OK, interestingly, what did you do with it??
He said: ?I ate it.? Justice of the Peace said: ?Good God, what did it taste like??
He replied: ?Rather like a swan.?

Mrs Trellis

"The Bradford Potholing Club is one of the most active in Yorkshire. Funded by the city council the skilled Bradford Potholers go out at night looking for any road surfaces that have become too smooth and dig holes in them"

That's true though isn't it?

Mrs Trellis

A penguin walks into a pub and says to the landlord "has my brother been in?" and the landlord replies "I don't know, what does he look like?"

FKHs0mmUcBE2A_Y

Mrs Trellis

Appreciation on BBC R4 last night - Cryering with laughter :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0014j7t