• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Note to MODS re: Peak area forum stickies

Pete K

Hi MODS. Looking through the stickies at the top of the Peak region forum page, it seem that a few are now out of date or resolved.
Can I suggest that topics marked with a red arrow be unstuck and replaced by a single sticky that points cavers to the DCA access database for the current situation? I can log in as DCA and write that post so it can be pinned if you like? Perhaps also incorporating Jenny's reporting suspect anchors post to clear another sticky.
Blue arrow topics have been dealt with (although JH remains a rock dodge in most places). Jim Lister or the local CDG crew will need asking about Buxton Water Aven and the last two stickies probably want to stay for now as well (they are still ongoing tasks for DCA).
Feel free to ignore!

Attachments

• 2020-07-11 (1).png
    2020-07-11 (1).png
    222.8 KB · Views: 233

CatM

Having all the current access stuff on one post sounds sensible to me, I say go for it. I personally feel like reporting bolts should still be separate though?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

paul

OK - I've unstickied the Topics with red or Blue arrows (I probably set them to Sticky in the first place).

Go ahead and post the link to the DCA page with any supporting text and I'll Sticky that.

A_Northerner

Pete K said:
Jim Lister or the local CDG crew will need asking about Buxton Water Aven.

Pretty sure there were no ropes left rigged in the aven last time I passed through, but I can keep my eyes open when we're allowed back in. I'll report back when I know.

Tseralo

A_Northerner said:
Pete K said:
Jim Lister or the local CDG crew will need asking about Buxton Water Aven.

Pretty sure there were no ropes left rigged in the aven last time I passed through, but I can keep my eyes open when we're allowed back in. I'll report back when I know.

I know Jim was on about going back up it so he would be the one to ask.

Buxton Water Aven,

The current situation is the ropes are still in place but are in a  Dangerous condition, I have purchase new ropes, Anchors and Maillions but have not had time to install them before lock down, my intention is to do this work as soon as the situation permits.
The Aven is being surveyed and I look forward to posting it in due course🤞
Its a really good project and has a lot of History behind it, Mark Wrights aid climbs, John Cross's smashed helmet? The the early CDG Oxygen divers ......... etc
So please live the sticky on for a bit longer