kacna Jama Slovenia

J

jamarama

Hi, does anybody have any information on Kacna Jama? I was wondering if there was a rigging guide anywhere, and what the anchors are like, if the spits are good or dogy etc. Is it a 250m free hang or is it broken up? I know theres a book on Slovenian caves with this in but ive heard its a bit vauge, is there anyone who's done it and knows what its like?

Cheers.

seddon

Try asking Imperial, it's their sort of stomping ground.

If all else fails, call me and I'll give you the name of a useful contact for that area as a p.m.

Cheers!

Tony

alastairgott

the book is a bit vague!

it says you will need an srt kit!, 50m rope for the approach in the doline and a 250m rope for the main pitch. it is "one for serious srt fans" and then the only other thing it says about the cave is that its a little difficult to find, but worth the effort. the water in kacne jama is connected with that in shocjanske jama, although divers have not quite managed to connect them yet.
and then there's a small survey and a sketch of location!

have fun finding it!
we went last year but i'm not sure whether anyone did it.

graham

Shouldn't be that hard to find, it's a girt big 'ole. I've not been down it, mind, but I have been to the entrance.

We did have a native guide, though.

J

jamarama

Thanks for the help so far!

That google translate throws up some funny sentences! Sounds like they had a strange trip from this :

'First he destroyed with a hammer stuck duralumin his new "baby", then he took off his helmet to drown in the siphon, and finally caused his injuries when shot.'

martinr

jamarama said:
Hi, does anybody have any information on Kacna Jama? I was wondering if there was a rigging guide anywhere, and what the anchors are like, if the spits are good or dogy etc. Is it a 250m free hang or is it broken up? I know theres a book on Slovenian caves with this in but ive heard its a bit vauge, is there anyone who's done it and knows what its like?

Cheers.

Description in
THE JOURNAL OF THE SHEPTON MALLET Caving CLUB
SERIES TEN
NUMBER SEVEN
SPRING 2000
Published by the Shepton Mallet Caving Club @2000 Editor: Megan Turner
Editorial Address: 1, Shipton Hall Cottages, Shipton, Much Wenlock, Shropshire. TF13 6LA

or pm me

martinr

martinr said:
jamarama said:

Cheers.

Description in
SERIES TEN
NUMBER SEVEN
SPRING 2000
Editorial Address: 1, Shipton Hall Cottages, Shipton, Much Wenlock, Shropshire. TF13 6LA

or pm me

Note: I dont think they descended the cave though due to problems with access so not sure how useful the article would be?

J

jamarama

Thanks for that, I was thinking more about a guide for the entrance seriese but thats a nice survey which might be needed.

Ouan

martinr said:
martinr said:
Description in
SERIES TEN
NUMBER SEVEN
SPRING 2000

or pm me

Note: I dont think they descended the cave though due to problems with access so not sure how useful the article would be?

I have a trip list that says we spent 15 minutes here so unlikely to have descended the cave.  The article should have a description as to how to find the entrance. I don't have a copy of the article with me - either contact the current Shepton editor/librarian via http://www.shepton.org.uk/ or pm martinr.