Cappadocia, Turkey

rhychydwr1

These `fairy chimneys? in Cappadocia make amazing second homes ? but buyers have to pay in hard cash / Where do you get a mortgage on a cave home, Northern Rock? By Liz Gill.  The Mail on Sunday.  April 12, 2009 page 52-53, illus.

Pay ?23.00 for 5 caves or ?130,000 for 13 caves.  You get what you pay for.  Some might need modernisation ie toilet and central heating.

I wonder how much Sir John Wills wants for Goatchurch?  Roomy entrance passage would make a nice cave house, not to mention a turnstile to provide an income.

graham

rhychydwr1 said:
These `fairy chimneys? in Cappadocia make amazing second homes ? but buyers have to pay in hard cash / Where do you get a mortgage on a cave home, Northern Rock? By Liz Gill.  The Mail on Sunday.  April 12, 2009 page 52-53, illus.

Pay ?23.00 for 5 caves or ?130,000 for 13 caves.  You get what you pay for.  Some might need modernisation ie toilet and central heating.

I wonder how much Sir John Wills wants for Goatchurch?  Roomy entrance passage would make a nice cave house, not to mention a turnstile to provide an income.

Given that Sir John has been dead for some ten years now, I doubt you'll find him amenable to offers.

rhychydwr1

graham said:
Given that Sir John has been dead for some ten years now, I doubt you'll find him amenable to offers.

Goatchurch is as good as mine.  Stock up with ?2.00 coins.  You will need them for the next trip Graham