Anyone able to "fix" a Petzl Duo?

Well it's dead. Defunct. Fecked. Knacked. It no worky worky.

Anyone on here capable of fettling a Duo to see if they can eek a few more months out of it? I am about as skilled with electronics as I am at ice skating gymnastics.  Willing to pay either in beer or real money (from the UK).

Based in Manchester / Chorley but more than happy to post it to someone with the requisite skills and cunning.  I hate caving using my dive lights as they are really tight beams.

Can't afford a new one. Bought a house with no working drains / heating / roof.

alastairgott said:
Does the duo resemble a half full Goldfish bowl with mud smeared on the outside?

It did. But I gave since drained the water from either end and still no worky!

Tangent_tracker said:
I live in Stockport so pop it round some time and I will have a look for you :)

Mate I will send you a PM.

No but primarily as I am lazy - I did get a kind offer from Tangent_Tracker I have yet to act upon (been a very long time since I have been over that way).

alastairgott

either Pass it to some duck's and either we can organise an interclub pub meet in Stockport or I can whizz round to a ducks house in Stockport and then go to the pub with Tangent tracker.

or if you're meeting divers or going to Castleton with them this weekend, then that's also an option and I suppose i'll have to go to the pub!

alastairgott

What are you doing with the duo then? Can it be stolen to be revived and put into general use again?

(for "the greater good" of caving?)