For Sale Mine Related Watercolour Painting

busty_caver

Cheeky Chap!  It took my about 5 hours to paint hence the starting bid of ?10.  The last couple of paintings I have sold on ebay went for ?10 and ?15.  I like doing small pieces of art, cheaply so that people can buy a piece without spending the earth - plus its a hobby rather than a business!  I've had a couple of people email me about it and also watching it on ebay. :clap:

Hannah
:)

moorebooks

Tony,

That was a bit mean it must be worth at least ?1.50 although art is only worth something once the Artist is dead, :ang:  how much for one of Malcom Newton's nowadays  :halo: :halo:

busty_caver

You are both very cheeky chaps especially as I have spent way more than ?1.50 on books from both of you in the past! lol
I agree art is only worth as much as people are willing to pay but I love painting even if no one will buy them as i find it very relaxing!  Better than sitting in front of the TV in the evening plus it gives me an excuse to go caving to sketch! lol

Han
x

moorebooks

Tony must know something is the artist about to become famous? or are you just worried about losing a customer?
:chair: :chair:

rhychydwr1

busty_caver said:
You are both very cheeky chaps especially as I have spent way more than ?1.50 on books from both of you in the past! lol

Han
x

More than ?1.50  ;)  Never.  I will be on Mendip this weekend.  Have you any cave sketches with speleothems?

busty_caver

I have done cave watercolour paintings in the past but none completed and ready for sale at the moment... I have sold a few painting the last one was bought and now sits in mrodoc's hall way!  I had been working on a selection of pieces inspired by formations in the Fairy Quarry caves in Mendip.  Also working on a couple of Doolin River Cave from when i visited there a while ago.

Han
:)

anfieldman

busty_caver said:
I have sold a few painting the last one was bought and now sits in mrodoc's hall way! 

Pete is a good judge of fine work..... ;)
If it's good enough for an avid collector like him then it's good enough for me.

I think your artwork is great. I am bidding ?10-00.

Elaine

I think it looks very good indeed and a bargain at ?10. I would be interested in similar pictures.

busty_caver

Wow thanks guys for the support.  ::) :-[ ::)  ;) ;) ;)

I've only got into painting cave and mine related watercolours in the last couple of years.  I used to paint in oils and watercolours was something quite different for me to branch into!  I have a whole folder of painting I'm not happy enough with to sell.  I guess I'm a perfectionist! lol  Pete has asked me to paint more from Fairy Quarry as he wants to collect one from each cave and already has one by someone else and one by me.  I had to promise his wife that I only do small painting as they have limited wall space.  There is someone in Essex whose real name i don't know who has one as well plus a guy called Otter4 from yorkshire has another on his wall.  I've only been selling paintings since beginning 08.

many thanks for your support.  Greatly appreciated!

kind regards,
Hannah

busty_caver

I was planning on having a stand last year but didn't get enough work together.  Perhaps this year... Have to see how much i get ready in time.  Either way I'm hopefully organising / running a BEC club and sales stand this year as i didn't have the transport last year to do it. 

Han
x