• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

Two books for sale

D

downunder

Potholing: Beneath the northern pennines

Northern caves volume 4c

I have come into ownership of these two nice books, I dont cave often enough to make good use of them, So i have decided try and sell them.

I dunno what they are worth, so Im open to fair offers.

D

downunder

Peter Burgess said:
Three cheers for the two boos !

Hi Peter,

I dont know what you mean. However could you advise on a sensible price for the books please?

D

downunder

I think your being rude for no reason. I'm just after some help regarding the price of the books.

bubba

Administrator
Well yes, I'm being rude about rocktalk because one of the guys who runs it is a c*** and has given ukbouldering no end of hassle in the past.

Nobody's being rude to you or about your books.

D

downunder

Thanks for clearing that up bubba. Could you give me a rough idea of the going rate of these two book please?

damian

downunder said:
Thanks for clearing that up bubba. Could you give me a rough idea of the going rate of these two book please?

Northern Caves 4c is only worth a few quid.

Heap's book is a gem worth about ?10.

Stu

1) Surely someone's mentioned c*cktalk before (my censor)??

2) Bubba, your avatar is very dark...

3) OP you have mail

Maisie Syntax

Try looking on www.abebooks.co.uk for an idea as to what books may be worth.

Difficult to generalise as same titles can vary dramatically depending on how used & abused (pre-loved?) they are.

Have previously seen Martin Farr's Darkworld for sale by a USA dealer for ?170, even though it was still in stck in most UK caving shops ft cover price at the time.

rhychydwr1

damian said:
downunder said:

Northern Caves 4c is only worth a few quid.

Heap's book is a gem worth about ?10.

I'll give you ?11 for the Heap book.

D

downunder

Heap book is gone to moorebooks.

Northern caves book ?5 inc P&P anyone?