Bat Products

hell little caver

I sad to say that bat products is shutting  :cry: Saw tony at the weekend and he said that he's planning to shut on 31st August or as soon as the stocks gone!

it's very sad the now no caving shop south of buxton!

sorry for the sad news

T

T pot 1

If anyone can put me in contact with J Rat please mail me

T pot

Chris J

Knew it would happen eventually but never thought this soon...

No one looking at taking it over? I guess he was renting the shop so apart from stock (which he's going to sell) there aren't many (any?) assets (apart from the name?). Nothing to stop someone else opening up in Wells or elsewhere, without 'buying' the business.

graham

Given that he's giving up owing to a fall-off in trade, as every bugger shops via t'internet these days, I hardly thing he's going to be rewarding all his non-customers by selling stuff off cheap!

paul

Christian_Chourot said:
But I'm afraid it just goes to show: as a retailer, ignore the internet at your peril, especially in a niche market.

You could also argue "Use it or Lose it..."

paulf

I've been saying that for Years  :(
A couple of quid more here or there is nothing to the benefit of a Caving Shop on Mendip  :read:
Also the wealth of knowledge & advise on the local conditions before Caving  (y)
Just have to catch him in the Hunters  :beer:

W

wormster

S' a bugger for sure :mad:

every time I go to mendip I usually end up in Jarret's shop........................... :-\

'n the joke goes: "D'you want the ca$h or shall I give it to Roger for you??" :beer:

mostly I gives Jarret his ca$h. 8)

Mind you his service has been brill.....once when he was away from Mendip I wanted some maillions to do Hunters Hole, I phoned up and got his house/shop sitter, told him what I wanted and said that I'd be down after shop closing time, "no worries" was the reply, round to his house, money and maillions changed hands, NOW that's what I call dedication. (y) :bow: (y) :bow: (y)

ian mckenzie

hell little caver said:
tweb!  bat product is a caving shop in wells in mendip run by J rat.
I first encountered Bat Products when it was run by Jrat's predecessor Phil, back in 1984 when I caved on Mendip for a week and met Jrat for the first time. 
We don't have any caving shops in our country at all.

What's a tweb?