Wanted- Where to get hold of Li-Ion batteries in the UK???

Pete K

Having some real issues sourcing a Lithium Ion batt and charger from the UK. I can find loads from USA but thinking a bit about my carbon footprint. Does anyone know where to get hold of any in UK?
Ideally looking for two 7.4v 2200-2500mAh 18650 cell packs and a suitable charger. If anyone has any they want rid of I will go second hand if they are not too old.
I can only find this site, which ain't heavy on choice! http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/Batteries_and_chargers.html.

Les W

I 'spect all lithium batteries are made in the far east, if so your carbon footprint is already screwed. :-\

buddy

Try model shops li-Ion are used to power radio control cars and planes so they stock spare batteries and chargers.

H

hoehlenforscher

or a laptop battery! And you can pinch the charging circuit out of a disfunct laptop too!

Joe Duxbury

Strikalite (Strikalite.co.uk) supply them; they're in Staffs.
However the batteries shown on their website don't yet have capacities listed, other than "7 times longer than alkaline".

A

Agrophobic

I'm using old laptop batteries myself. deal extreme sell chinese li-ions but i'm not sure i'd trust the quality. at least laptop ones are good quality and proven.
i'm not trying to teach my granny to suck eggs but just make sure you use a protection circuit in the pack, cos they will explode if overcharged. these circuits are hard to get in the uk too but theres a guy in the us who sells them with reasonable postage. (all-battery.com)
i use an ansmann xbase racing pack charger. ?50 new :eek: but i got a knackered one off e-bay and fixed it.

Pitlamp

In the past I've used www.mailorderbatteries.com  Their service levels have consistently been superb. On 2 occasions I have contacted them about my requirements for extremely high capacity cells and although they didn't sell them they got them in specially and did it very quickly and at a good price.

I don't normally go round singing the praises of commercial outfits but in my own experience this company is utterly excellent. It's worth asking . . . .