Wanted - helmet and light

Rachel

I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced pre-loved helmet with a duo fitted.

Preferably from someone who can get it up to the Dales.

thanks

Maj

ianball11 said:

You might be lucky, worth bidding for. I picked up a Petzl Ecrin the same as on ebay complete with Duo, but with no signs of having been used/worn, for ?48.  :)
Bargain me thinks.

Maj.

Mark Wright

I've got a hardly used Petzl Explorer consisting of a red Ecrn Roc, Duo and carbide lamp complete with a Petzl Ariane generator.

?50.00

Mark Wright

rhychydwr1

Yes, do a search on fleabay.  Plenty of bargains.  The problem is the postage.  Fleabay and PayPal charge 10% or more, so it helps if you can collect and pay cash.

bograt

Mark Wright said:
I've got a hardly used Petzl Explorer consisting of a red Ecrn Roc, Duo and carbide lamp complete with a Petzl Ariane generator.

?50.00

Mark Wright

Hmm, thinning out your museum Mark  :LOL: :LOL:?

Mark Wright

I wouldn't say it was a museum piece just yet. A Premier maybe, I've got one of those on the windowsill in the conservatory with a 4" reflector. It still has that distinctive smell. I do miss using carbide lamps.

Anyway the Explorer has a detachable carbide lamp so you can use that as a light on your patio. Its been on one expedition to Mulu from new so theres hardly a mark on it. No low roofs in Mulu.

I can take it to Hidden Earth next week and then caver post to the Dales.

Mark

Rachel

Yes please Mark, I'll gladly take the Explorer. I'm sure there will be one or two people who know me going to Hidden Earth who wouldn't mind bringing it up to the Dales.

Rachel

I guess that's what happens when you spend weekends caving instead of sitting by the laptop  :cautious:

PeteHall

Rachel said:
I guess that's what happens when you spend weekends caving instead of sitting by the laptop  :cautious:

Sorry Rachel, I was working on the car yesterday (caving today) and made Mark an offer. I have a bit of a compulsion for buying Ecrin's; with the Duo and Ariane in there as well, I couldn't help myself.

If you're in actual need of it, then go for it. I've got enough helmets and lights for every day of the week already! I'll no doubt pick up another before the others are destroyed!

Rachel

That's very gentlemanly of you Pete, and much appreciated. If you don't mind, I will take you up on that kind offer and also buy you a pint if we ever cross paths.

It will certainly be put to good use immediately as my teenager has just gone through that growing ridiculously fast stage and as well as her finally outgrowing her kid size helmet, I've had to replace harness, cowstails, footloop, undersuit, oversuit and wellies.... you get the picture!

Mark Wright

I think Rachel can put it to better use. Bravebuck, I'll be on the SRT stand over the HE weekend. I'll bring it into the trade hall.

If you are collecting Ecrin helmets (PeteHall) I have a yellow Ecrin ST Clip for ?30.00.

Mark

Rachel

Thanks very much Mark. If you pm me with your bank details I will sort out a transfer or if you prefer, I could do Paypal.

Also thanks to Braveduck - it would be great if you could pick it up for me.

PeteHall

Mark Wright said:
If you are collecting Ecrin helmets (PeteHall) I have a yellow Ecrin ST Clip for ?30.00.

If you've got it with you at Hidden Earth, I'll have a look. Though sensibly, my very first Ecrin Roc is still doing ok after 10 years of regular caving/ digging and I have several others in circulation of varying vintage... Not got a yellow one though ;)