Caves of the Peak District

Rachel

Given the number of people who seem to want to get hold of copies of the old books, would anyone like to make me an offer for 'Caves of the Peak District'? It's in mint condition.

T

tubby two

I'd give you £20 for it, but i'm a broke student, and you'd easy get double that on ebay. Still, if you want £20 for it i'll be dead chuffed. Just think of it as a student caver charity donation! ;o)

tt.

Rachel

Thanks tubby two, but I think I'll hold out for a few quid more for the time being. I'll send you a mars bar in the post so you don't starve though-how's that for charity to students?

What about £30 all in - including P&P....
I'm not a student but I am poor...
Well maybe not poor...but I do have to tell lies to my wife about how much i've spent on caving equipment...
She'd have my guts for garters if she knew i was spending £30 on a caving book!

Rachel

In fact, I've just listed it on ebay, starting at a tenner, so you might get it for 20 quid if not many other people want it.

T

tubby two

I'll be lucky!

Just noticed some other numpty trying to sell NC3 has listed it as NC1. Wonder if they'll get silly money for that...

tt.

Rachel

sorry jasonbirder, I think our posts crossed over. I'd be fairly happy with thirty quid if nobody outbids you.

Rachel

tubby two said:
Just noticed some other numpty trying to sell NC3 has listed it as NC1.

tt.

so why don't you bid £33 but send him £11. You might get away with it :roll:

Rachel

I've just noticed I seem to have got stuck on 134 posts. Does anyone know what's gone wrong... I'll never get to be a menacing prescence at this rate :?

kay

Rachel said:
I've just noticed I seem to have got stuck on 134 posts. Does anyone know what's gone wrong... I'll never get to be a menacing prescence at this rate :?

You realise if you do get to menacing presence you'll have to stop posting, otherwise you stop being a menacing presence? :wink:

Are you sure you're stuck - the software seems to update your no. of posts on all your previous posts as well - if you post another, eveything should go up to 135.

Rachel

kay said:
Are you sure you're stuck - the software seems to update your no. of posts on all your previous posts as well - if you post another, eveything should go up to 135.

Let's see if it works then...

E

emgee

Rachel said:
In fact, I've just listed it on ebay, starting at a tenner, so you might get it for 20 quid if not many other people want it.

If anyone feels tempted to bid on this may I point out that Iain Barker's
"Classic Caves of the Peak District" appears to be still available from
Caving Supplies for a bit under a tenner. It's newer but less comprehensive.
Seen copies asking silly money for that one too.

bubba

Administrator
There's also a new COTPD in the works, so i wouldn't spend the stupid money people are asking for...

T

tubby two

So then rachel, are you a billionairess now? i forgot to bid in the end.

tt.

Rachel

tubby two said:
So then rachel, are you a billionairess now? i forgot to bid in the end.

tt.

hiya tt, just got back from hawaii with the proceeds and am trying to decide what to spend the rest on....

.... actually I got a respectable £21.50, which isn't bad for something that's been sat on the shelf doing nothing since I stopped caving in the peaks in 1997.