The Office

Amy

Okay so...I watched the American version...watching your version now. Uhm...really, the American one is that much of a copy? I mean, the lines are basically the *same* and the jokes are the *same* the differences are the accents and the names of the people and of course the people themselves, and a few little side jokes are different. Oh, and to be honest I've only watched the first episode of season 1 of your version. I learned ya'all call it Jelly not Jello. And the desert jokes are funnier in American English. I mean ok a few little differences can tell it's geared for a different audience as far as mannerisms and just how things are said exactly ("thieving" instead of "stealing", "wankward" (did I understand that word right?) instead of "jerk", etc). I guess I was expecting a different story line though. Is the whole thing that copied?

Bob Smith

Amy,

As I remember it is basically word for word the same script with only a few tweaks for the hard of understanding. It would be intersting to watch them side by side on a split screen to see just how similar they really are....

RobinGriffiths

There was even an American version of On the Buses entitled Lotsa Luck, but without Blakey apparently - 'I 'ate you Butler'

Sorry Amy, it'll be before your time!!

Robin