Ingleton Petrol Station, Co-op and Hole-in-the-wall

andys

.... looks like it is almost ready to re-open. When I drove past today, it looked like they were stocking up the shelves for the new store, which has all been completely rebuilt.  :) No idea what they are going to be charging for fuel though!  :(

Pitlamp

Last time I was chatting with one of the normal employees he told me the opening date is 28th June (this coming Thursday). I think he said at 8-00 a.m.

He also mentioned that customers with a Co-op card (that morning) will receive at ?5-00 off voucher for their next grocery purchase.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
It looks huge and very modern.  I hope the fuel is more comparable with the stations north of Kirkby Lonsdale, but I have missed the old garage for convenience of a lot of things.  I can't imagine that the co-op in the village will stay open for long though.

Pitlamp

More news; Garnett's electrical etc store in Settle is closing down.

This is a bit of a tragedy as they've been there and served locals well for decades.
There is a sale on incidentally, if anyone's passing - though it's been on for a while and I don't know what's left.

Pitlamp

Anyone happen to know if the new Ingleton petrol station did reopen today?

If it's definitely open I'll go across and full up this evening.

Rachel

I got ?5 worth of vouchers when I called in this morning, from a friendly bloke on the tills. It's looking very posh and new, with a lot more variety than before.

andys

Did a price compare for unleaded today with the BP one just west of Kirkby Lonsdale:

Ingleton Co-op = ?129.9, Kirkby BP = ?128.9

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
andys said:
Did a price compare for unleaded today with the BP one just west of Kirkby Lonsdale:

Ingleton Co-op = ?129.9, Kirkby BP = ?128.9

That's better than before - the Texaco garage was often 4/5p dearer.  Have to say, new shop looks good - though parking will be a nightmare at busy times.  Being open until 11pm is a bonus  :)