Anyone from CDG in Cardiff?

mrmints

Would anyone from the CDG like to take me caving?? I'm still pretty inexperienced, but very enthusiastic and (I think) a fast learner! I'll buy you a beer  :beer:

mrmints

I must add, that I don't exclusively want to cave with CDG members, I have been enjoing caving with non diving members of SWCC, I'd just like to go on a trip with some divers to pick their brains!

mrmints

Pitlamp said:
What is it that you'd like more information on?

Their progression, stories of the training, a chance to go on a diving trip to see whats involved and to get to know someone (Cardiff based for convenience!) who might one day be a mentor. And 1000's more questions!

Pitlamp

Sounds like you're thinking of having a go at cave diving - and it sounds like you're going about things the right way; bit of fact finding and exploring what's really involved.

The one thing I would advise is don't cut any corners in the learning process; if something goes wrong you want the right survival response to be second nature. Best of luck with it; if you have any general questions you could always send me a PM and I'll try to help.

Reeve

mrmints said:
Would anyone from the CDG like to take me caving?? I'm still pretty inexperienced, but very enthusiastic and (I think) a fast learner! I'll buy you a beer  :beer:

Does that mean your buying the beers on Monday in the Tynant?

Gareth