Survey of Weathercote Cave

Pitlamp

In 1964 the North Ribblesdale Caving Group published its one and only journal. It contains an article on Weathercote Cave by N.H.Hinchcliffe, together with a survey of the cave.

I was in contact with the BCA Librarian recently and it emerged that the library copy of the above journal is missing this survey.

Does anyone have this journal complete with the survey - and which you'd be willing to arrange for a copy of the survey (scan?) to be made available for the BCA Library?

If you can help, please send me a PM in the first instance.

Thanks.

Pitlamp

Or "has had" access . . .

Only thumbnails are accessible on the cavemaps site. They're also in monochrome but my (very distant) memories of seeing the survey are that it may have been reproduced by the "Gestetner" process, so not wholly black and white.

This is probably simplest to sort out for the BCA Library if someone who can definitely help directly just sends me a PM, then we'll take it from there.

Pitlamp

P.S. - Sorry Langcliffe - I meant to mention - I've sent him an email directly, in case he's able to help.

Pitlamp

Thanks oldboy - got the PM (& replied) and I think we can sort it between us.

So no need for anyone else to take the trouble to get in touch (but thanks if you were considering doing so).