Water levels

langcliffe

Groundhog said:
Hi all. Any thoughts on river levels in the Dales tomorrow? In particular Kingsdale or Leck Fell.

The surface streams should have drained off and there is no rain forecast, so most places should be OK, although Swinsto will be damp. We were down Pool Sink on Wednesday, and water levels were a little above average.

Alex

Eastern dales most have gotten more of the rain then, river levels seemed above normal around here. (Skipton area).

Groundhog

I had thought that levels would be ok. However the river Tame here in Stockport is well up this morning.
Was thinking of Kingsdale MC with some competent novices tomorrow. We will probably drive up and have a look.
Thanks for the comments so far.

langcliffe

Groundhog said:
I had thought that levels would be ok. However the river Tame here in Stockport is well up this morning.
Was thinking of Kingsdale MC with some competent novices tomorrow. We will probably drive up and have a look.
Thanks for the comments so far.

KMC will be no problem unless something traumatic happens overnight - and it's not forecast.

alastairgott

Groundhog said:

I'll have to take a look after work, I sometimes take a look at the bridge by Kwikfit (near the bus depot).
If it's 4 bricks from the arch support it's high and it'll cover the shopping trolley. 5 bricks or more, and the water levels are mid to low. you'll be able to see the shopping trolley properly in Low water.

alastairgott

I've seen it higher. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CLFLxBq0KGf8Vo365a-Z1_ba_Yl1wpuE

Measurement taken from the waterline up to the support stone. We're on about 4.9 bricks at the moment, so reasonably normal.

It's clearly been higher, but has dropped, must have been some rain overnight.

Groundhog

Did Valley Entrance to top of the master cave yesterday.
Water only slightly up. There was a trickle coming down the river bed.
Much fun was had.
Thanks again.