• Lost hearing aid in Swildons Hole

Lost 29/09/2022 very near the entrance, probably the first climb down.

Please keep an eye out!

More details here

Recent content by Ed

1. E

Planning permission sought for mobile phone mast near Bullpot farm

They could tweak the application and make it more eco-friendly Replace the generator and fuel store with a wind turbine 🤔🤣🤣🤣
  2. E

Methods of protecting in-situ ropes from unwanted usage

Simple really - if you leave stuff on other people's land don't be surprised if it gets used or removed. Don't matter if you "discovered" it. It's not yours so don't assume
  3. E

Poseidon mouthpiece

I swapped mine for a different generic brand (can't remember the make but can look tomorrow). Cost me about £9 from Academiy Divers in Sowerby Bridge. One of the staff members uses Cyklons and suggested it as a replacement Work's perfectly
  4. E

Bolting ethics underground and overground

a couple of bolts on a lump of quarried rock.....shock, horror......I think the land owner should bolt and start charging in these times when agcriculture has to diversify I'd look at climbers or ex climbers first. Not as if they (we) haven't caused enough issues at Almscliffe in recent years...
  5. E

Nidderdale Hidden village reappears

Once we've sorted out that dodgy lot over the brow of Great Whernside the revolution will up a gear...
  6. E

How to repair this wetsuit leg?

Sew together with dental floss the aquasure or black witch over the sewing. It's an old surfers method. Dental floss is waterproof and been flat doesn't cut the neoprene
  7. E

Fenix HP30R v2.0 headlamp

Bit over kill. 3x HM65r for that price.....
  8. E

Rainfall data, Greenhow

there is also a weather station up at How Stean https://www.mylocalweather.org.uk/uppernidderdale/
  9. E

Friday joke - WARNING - contains swearing.

We had a fancy dress do at work.... One of my colleagues suggested we went as a cowboy and India - he was going to lend me one of his distar and a kipran while he wore a stetson, pistol etc...
  10. E

One word to describe caving....

Isn't
  11. E

Anyone Got a Cave, Passage, Formation to Name?

A connection called the Interregnum?
  12. E

Ladies wellies

my other half swears by them
  13. E

Ladies wellies

Speak to Tony https://starlessriver.com/shop/etche_wellies/
  14. E

Ladies wellies

unless you are paying big £ any wellies with calf straps - (men's or lady's) are mostly Hunter knock offs. Probably better looking for narrower fit standard wellies.
  15. E

Where are the young(ish) people hiding?

Up at Gaping Gill with the BPC - average age of the club has halved in the last couple of years