• Hello From Descent

The publication date for issue 289 is the 10th of December, meaning subscribers should receive their copies during the week leading up to that date. It is also available from caving suppliers such as Inglesport and Starless River, or from our new website

New Descent board here:

EFRESHW's latest activity

• E
    EFRESHW reacted to El Stobbarto's post in the thread CHECC POETRY COMP 2022 with Like Like.
    In light of the paucity of offerings, here is a meagre contribution from CUCC: Ode to a Drunken Caver Twas a new year’s morn, so...
  • E
    EFRESHW reacted to JoshW's post in the thread CHECC POETRY COMP 2022 with Like Like.
    Browsing this forum the other evening, while sat on a zoom meeting inspired me to write a short haiku Sitting, wasting time Progress...
  • E
    EFRESHW reacted to Leoo's post in the thread CHECC POETRY COMP 2022 with Like Like.
    Leo Bradley, entry for SUSS The Rime of the Ancient Caverner One Morning, while the night before, Lay restless in my head, There came...
  • E
    EFRESHW replied to the thread CHECC MEME COMP 2022.
    I wanted a space to put this meme I made up :-) Elise x
    • 20221130_185359.jpg
  • E
    EFRESHW reacted to AKuhlmann's post in the thread Bats in GB with Like Like.
    Great to know! I mentioned it to a few people who’d been in there a few times and no one told me it was a well known thing! First time...
  • E
    EFRESHW reacted to JoshW's post in the thread Has paper won? with Like Like.
    It seems like in this day and age everyone is using this newfandangled paper using something called the printing press? Back in my day...
  • E
    EFRESHW replied to the thread Cave/Mine at Stoney.
    Hey! if anyone has any questions about this mine, give me a message. I can't say anything more because of (reasons...) but I have a lot...
  • E
    Hi everyone ! I really want to find a neat way to help those who are beginning caving/ thinking of caving find it less intimidating...