• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Iceland on gaelic TV

The cave is B?ri in the Leitahraun south of Reyjlav?k.  The cave was discovered by two friends of mine, Gu?mundur-Brynyar ??rsteinsson (aka Bibi) and Bj?rn Hr?arsson in early 2005.  I was lucky enough to be part of the small team that surveyed the cave in June 2005.  The cave is almost exactly 1km long and has some very large passages and nice features, and well worth a visit if you are in the area (though the entrance dig is somewhat "interesting").  I've added a few photos of the cave just in case anyone is interested...

1931057_35814810973_4639_n.jpg


1931057_35814815973_4973_n.jpg


1931057_35814820973_5332_n.jpg


1931057_35814825973_5681_n.jpg


1931057_35814830973_6032_n.jpg


I'm not sure the commentary is correct about the pitch at the end of the cave being the deepest in a lava tube, I can think of a few others of at least similar depth in the Canaries and Jeju Island at the very least.
 
Back
Top