• Descent 298 publication date

Our June/July issue will be published on Saturday 8 June

Now with four extra pages as standard. If you want to receive it as part of your subscription, make sure you sign up or renew by Monday 27 May.

Click here for more

Wanted- BADGER

AR

I'd suggest asking Weston Park Museum in Sheffield, I remember they used to have one in a display of native wildlife before the rejig, along with a flat-out hare that looked like it had been smoking something interesting....

grahams

AR said:
I'd suggest asking Weston Park Museum in Sheffield, I remember they used to have one in a display of native wildlife before the rejig, along with a flat-out hare that looked like it had been smoking something interesting....

How do you stuff a hare that's been run over?

AR

grahams said:
AR said:

How do you stuff a hare that's been run over?

Flat out as in laid on its side, not squashed.... :ras: Going back to badgers, I do see quite a few as roadkill in the Peak but they get extremely wiffy very fast so probably not suitable for DIY taxidermy!

moletta

I was going to suggest  the man in Llangollen too. Next door to the Bridge End Pub. No prizes for guessing where to look!

Rachel

Weirdly, I came across a stuffed badger for sale today and remembered this thread. If OP still wants one, the antique warehouse that used to be Daleswear in Ingleton has a taxidermy room, complete with stuffed badger.