Info on Vietnam

BCA Chair

I have been contacted by a group of Austrian cavers seeking information on caving in Vietnam (Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park) where British explorers have been very active. I've struggled to stay informed of international exploration myself so cannot help personally. Is there anyone on here who knows about this area who would be willing to be put in touch with them? Please PM me if you can help and I will put you in touch.

JoshW

There is VietnamCaves.com but doesn?t appear to have been updated in a few years. Contact through oxalis and ask for Howard/Deb is your best bet.

There are ongoing expeditions in the national park, and in surrounding areas, but the relationship with the authorities is sometimes a delicate one built up over years so best to speak to Howard/Deb who have been involved in the expeditions from the beginning.

Hi

I arranged the 3 cavers to go on various trips. They will visit Hang En, Hang Tien, Nuoc Nut and Tu Lan cave system during their 10 day stay in Vietnam. Not possible to go exploring without lots of permissions which takes time and contacts. However the cavers seem very pleased exploring and photoing these known adventure caves.