Author Topic: Croesor Rhosydd  (Read 2747 times)

Offline sinker

• player
  • O-Level woodwork BlockbusterVideo Gold Card
Re: Croesor Rhosydd
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 09:49:10 pm »
Let’s not turn this thread into a debate about restrictions and legislation though. There’s other places for that, it was created to warn people of the current lack of rope in CRTT

Sorry, I haven't helped with this! But I (and I am sure other CRO team members) get fed up with being used to beat people over the head with if they do decide to cave at the moment.
The 'cave rescue will be angry with you' comments annoy me - cave rescuers are cavers too who (mostly) like caving  :)

No one is using CRO or MR as a stick to beat people with; its just common sense. Anyway, thread is veering further "off topic" and I haven't helped, so I'm baling out and allowing it to get back onto CRTT ropes.
Ah, well, now, you see...erm...

Offline Oceanrower

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 10:24:08 pm »

Well. It didn’t take long for the fun police to turn up...

Nor the d*ckheads either, or so it would seem.
Being sad that 127000 people and counting have already died doesn't make me "fun police" it just wants to make me want to be patient FFS. We have waited this long, a bit longer won't hurt.

How much longer? Another week? Another month? Another year?

I've been pissed off enough about the lockdown but, by and large, I've complied with it. Because that's what the bloody government decided.

They've now decided that I'm allowed out to play. If that makes me a dickhead then so be it. I've followed their advice for the last year, I'm following it now.

Oh, and dickhead yourself...

Offline Oceanrower

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 10:28:07 pm »
Edited because I couldn't find a way to delete...

Offline Oceanrower

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 10:33:53 pm »
Let’s not turn this thread into a debate about restrictions and legislation though. There’s other places for that, it was created to warn people of the current lack of rope in CRTT

Sorry, I haven't helped with this! But I (and I am sure other CRO team members) get fed up with being used to beat people over the head with if they do decide to cave at the moment.
The 'cave rescue will be angry with you' comments annoy me - cave rescuers are cavers too who (mostly) like caving  :)

No one is using CRO or MR as a stick to beat people with...

Of course you are. How the Hell else do you explain this?

"No one should be underground anywhere yet. Never mind the indoors/outdoors thing (a mine is NOT outdoors...) cave rescue or mountain rescue would go their heads if they had to rescue someone from there."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:45:43 pm by Oceanrower »

Offline JoshW

• forum star
  • YSS, WSCC, BCA Youth & Development, BCA Group Rep
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2021, 10:36:16 pm »
Why is it every thread that has anything to do with caving in Wales turns to shit on this forum.

Useful information in here to start the thread and people gone mad.

Everyone go and crack open a beer and chill out.
All views are my own and not that of the BCA or any clubs for which I'm a member of.

Offline Oceanrower

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 10:44:13 pm »
Why is it every thread that has anything to do with caving in Wales turns to shit on this forum.

Useful information in here to start the thread and people gone mad.

Everyone go and crack open a beer and chill out.

Sorry Josh,

I shouldn't have reacted but I've been hacked off enough when I've legitimately been told to stay at home.

To be told I should STILL stay at home after the rules have changed really pisses me off..

How long is too long? Should we all stay locked up for another year "just in case..."

Offline ChrisJC

• Funky
  • forum hero
    • http://www.cowdery.org.uk
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2021, 07:52:34 am »
No, you should just exercise a bit of common sense and good judgement.

I judge that I will leave the house a tiny bit more now that I am allowed to, but I will not erupt into a frenzy of visiting everybody I know and doing all the hobbies that I've missed over the last 12 months.

This is because I know that very few people under the age of 50 have been vaccinated, and that Covid-19 is still out there.

So I am going to hang back for the most part until the vaccination drive has reached more people.

Chris.
--
http://www.cowdery.org.uk
Mines, caves,
Land Rovers

Offline Cantclimbtom

• regular
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2021, 07:57:32 am »
Anyway.... Back in Croesor (although only a few yards from Rhosydd). That rope is still missing

Thanks for the warning Sam!
Expert in incompetent tomfoolery

Offline SamMil

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2021, 10:19:12 am »
Likely Thursday when I’ll go up now, to put a new rope in. Waiting for some shiny stuff from Tony to arrive before I go up.

Offline Paul Marvin

• regular
  • Bronze, Silver & Gold Swimming Certificates
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2021, 12:01:38 pm »

Well. It didn’t take long for the fun police to turn up...

I have lost 4 members of my family to COVID AND as said it is VERY real !!!

Nor the d*ckheads either, or so it would seem.
Being sad that 127000 people and counting have already died doesn't make me "fun police" it just wants to make me want to be patient FFS. We have waited this long, a bit longer won't hurt.
I dont know where I am going, but will know where I am when I get there.

Offline Paul Marvin

• regular
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2021, 12:03:28 pm »
Edited because I couldn't find a way to delete...

You cant just ask admin and they will do it for you buddy

Offline Cantclimbtom

• regular
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2021, 01:23:21 pm »
Not sure if I should comment on things that were edited out, but..    my condolences, I'm very sorry to hear that Sinker

Offline sinker

• player
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2021, 01:32:40 pm »
Not sure if I should comment on things that were edited out, but..    my condolences, I'm very sorry to hear that Sinker

Hi Tom. Actually to be fair that was Paul Marvin's comment, it was just the way the forum interpreted his quote and inserted it into mine that made it look like mine.
I know Paul and his wife very well and he won't mind me saying that it has been an horrific year for that family, which is why he was agreeing with my point.

Anyway, no further comment from me on the subject.

Offline Paul Marvin

• regular
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2021, 04:21:47 pm »
I dont mind Phil , I will get the blinking hang of this forum sooner or later  :chair:  Back on topic as rules are different all over the UK when is it likely that us mere English can come and play over in Wales , has Mr Drakes said anything ?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:34:00 pm by Paul Marvin »

Offline PeteHall

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2021, 04:33:03 pm »
I'm sure that I read somewhere that you should be able to travel to Wales from the 12th April, but I can't remember where I read it and I can't be bothered to look at the Welsh legislation again now...

Although it is only 10 miles to Wales and 20 miles to Mendip, I'm sticking to Mendip for now...

Offline Paul Marvin

• regular
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2021, 04:49:02 pm »
I'm sure that I read somewhere that you should be able to travel to Wales from the 12th April, but I can't remember where I read it and I can't be bothered to look at the Welsh legislation again now...

Although it is only 10 miles to Wales and 20 miles to Mendip, I'm sticking to Mendip for

Although it is only 10 miles to Wales and 20 miles to Mendip, I'm sticking to Mendip for now...
now...

No stopping me now with this forum  lol

Offline The_Bogieman

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2021, 10:48:03 pm »
Sam has now very kindly fixed the lines for when we can legally start going u/g again - picked this up on another forum. Well done that man and thanks from all of us.

As regards cross border traffic, subject to no sudden spike appearing, Mr D is opening our border to you sais from 12th April. Possibly legal to go u/g in small groups from 27th.

Cheers, Clive

Offline Paul Marvin

• regular
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2021, 11:27:33 am »
Sam has now very kindly fixed the lines for when we can legally start going u/g again - picked this up on another forum. Well done that man and thanks from all of us.

As regards cross border traffic, subject to no sudden spike appearing, Mr D is opening our border to you sais from 12th April. Possibly legal to go u/g in small groups from 27th.

Cheers, Clive

Cool !   :bounce:

Cool !

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 11:51:04 am by Paul Marvin »

Offline Cantclimbtom

• regular
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2021, 02:46:46 pm »
Thanks Sam

By the sound of the rest of the thread, I'll have to start thinking about a quick trip somewhere in last week of April... ... Probably solo for now.
Perhaps "pibell cachu Croesor" as I've heard it delightfully called apologies for my spellings, I think that directly translates to "the big shaft of Croesor" (or at least similar ;) ) At the very end of Aug I was walking with my dad on Cnicht, I could hear drilling noise for ages, wafting across from somewhere Moelwyn Mawr (or trick of wind it might have been down in valley?) so I think I will investigate the shaft and if that was the source. Will cast an eye over the "up" rope while in area

Or a through trip I wanted last year, that I won't name.

Thanks again Sam!

Offline sinker

• player
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2021, 03:43:12 pm »

Perhaps "pibell cachu Croesor" as I've heard it delightfully called apologies for my spellings, I think that directly translates to "the big shaft of Croesor" (or at least similar ;) )

Literal translation:

'Croesor shit pipe'

:yucky:

Offline SamMil

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2021, 05:17:03 pm »
From memory the big shaft is 110m, don’t get caught out by taking a 100m!
I’ll try and head up again soon to double check the resin on the new bolts anyway, for my piece of mind that it’s all set properly!

Offline Paul Marvin

• regular
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2021, 06:10:43 pm »

Perhaps "pibell cachu Croesor" as I've heard it delightfully called apologies for my spellings, I think that directly translates to "the big shaft of Croesor" (or at least similar ;) )

Literal translation:

'Croesor shit pipe'

:yucky:

Ha Ha     :lol:

Offline ChrisJC

• Funky
  • forum hero
    • http://www.cowdery.org.uk
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2021, 08:09:08 pm »
From memory the big shaft is 110m, don’t get caught out by taking a 100m!
I’ll try and head up again soon to double check the resin on the new bolts anyway, for my piece of mind that it’s all set properly!

The shaft is 100m, but you need more than that to allow you to actually rig the rope.

Note it is very very springy by the time you get to the bottom!

Chris.
--
http://www.cowdery.org.uk
Mines, caves,
Land Rovers

Offline Cantclimbtom

• regular
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2021, 08:36:54 pm »
From memory the big shaft is 110m... I’ll try and head up again soon to double check the resin on the new bolts anyway...
Understood it's a little longer that 100m.
Which resin... did you place a glue in emergency bolt ladder as well as reinstating the chamber of horrors up rope? bloomin' Fantastic!!!!

Offline SamMil

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2021, 11:12:30 pm »
Replaced all the bolts on the climb with glue ins. If you’re going to do a job, do it properly. Also replaced the rope on the ab into the canoe, the old one was super fat!

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal