CHECC Covid Newsletter

Maddoghouse

Here it is, it is here ? the CHECC Coronavirus Newsletter!

We have had several great submissions on a variety of entertaining cave related topics! A perfect read for some additional underground inspiration as we enter a post-lockdown world! A massive thanks to all those who submitted an article.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as we did putting it together!!!

Cheers,
Jacob
(CHECCretary)

Attachments

• checc_COVID_newsletter_21.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 383

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Logo looks really good, oodles of content, and a lot of work has gone into this...kudos.

You can see evidence of the caving community everywhere: from the hours of volunteer conservation work, to the cavers who haven?t been underground in years chatting on UKC, to the guys at CHECC getting up at 5am to cook a massive breakfast for hungover students. All of these speak to a deep love of caving and cavers within the UK scene.

...however looks like we have an image problem  :cry:

2xw

Genuinely a fantastic newsletter that made me laugh out loud in several places. A great vision of the strength of the student caving scene and an ode to quality shitposting - and yet also cited Aristotle. What's not to love.

EFRESHW

It's so cool to see this, I really loved the obvious hard work and effort that went into it. thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to write a piece, too!  :hug:  feeling ~blessed~

JoshW

That's absolutely superb guys.

Great content in a great format.

Pegasus said:
Logo looks really good, oodles of content, and a lot of work has gone into this...kudos.

You can see evidence of the caving community everywhere: from the hours of volunteer conservation work, to the cavers who haven?t been underground in years chatting on UKC, to the guys at CHECC getting up at 5am to cook a massive breakfast for hungover students. All of these speak to a deep love of caving and cavers within the UK scene.

...however looks like we have an image problem  :cry:

I actually read this in a positive spin (whether it was meant it or not), that people who join the caving community never really leave it even long after they've stopped caving..

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
EFRESHW said:
It's so cool to see this, I really loved the obvious hard work and effort that went into it. thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to write a piece, too!  :hug:  feeling ~blessed~

Really enjoyed reading your piece.  Alum is a great place for all sorts of reasons  (y)

Maddoghouse

Great to hear people are enjoying reading it!

Once again, a massive thanks to those that contributed that made making the newsletter possible!
On a personal level, a huge thanks to the rest of the CHECC committee for their support and patience while compiling this :)

Caver Keith

A jolly good read and I get a mention too! It's in the Armchair Caving section but nevertheless it is a mention. Thanks.
Keith

Roger W

A fascinating read, lots of excellent stuff there.  :)

One question: in the "Armchair Caving" section (that's me, these days :( ) there's a question about the minminum (= minimum?) rope length for a Petzl Stop.  Answers at the bottom:  8.5-9 mm.  That's a bit short, surely?  Less than 1 cm of rope wouldn't get you down Elizabeth Shaft, let alone Titan!