Author Topic: Wanting to buy / scrounge drysuit dump valves (2 kinds)  (Read 203 times)

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
Wanting to buy / scrounge drysuit dump valves (2 kinds)
« on: January 14, 2022, 08:42:13 am »
Does anyone have a S/H auto shoulder dump valve they would sell to me? (It's for a sacrificial drysuit which will get wrecked on a gnarly caving project, so no point shelling out on a brand spanking new dump valve.) Push button preferred rather than pull cord; then again, beggars can't be choosers.

Separately, I'm looking for second hand Apeks cuff dump valves. CDG Newsletter 221 (October 2021, page 4) has a note about improvements to the CDG DIY P valve system. I want to make some more of these.

There are a few versions of the Apeks cuff dump but the type I'm after is the one with a back plate which has thick spokes connecting the outer rim to a central point. I've attached a picture which shows one modified into a P-valve.

Many divers dislike cuff dumps, so often swap them for a proper shoulder dump valve. The old cuff dump usually gets chucked in a box somewhere. If anyone can dig deep and help with either request above, please could you send a P.M?

Thanks.

Offline Benfool

• forum star
Re: Wanting to buy / scrounge drysuit dump valves (2 kinds)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 09:21:35 am »
Yep, I've got a shoulder dump you can have. I'll drop it in the compressor shed for you this weekend.

B

Offline Martin Wright

• player
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 09:24:15 am »
I can probably help you with this but I won't be home until Sunday night as I will be travelling to the Dales straight from work this afternoon. Hope to catch up with you at Greenclose over the weekend.
The deepest solace lies in understanding this ancient unseen stream

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 09:51:17 am »
Ben - thanks! How much do I owe you?

Martin - thanks! Yep, hoping to catch up with you all at some stage this weekend.

Offline Benfool

• forum star
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 09:58:18 am »
Nothing! You've done me plenty of favors in the past! :)

B

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 10:08:09 am »
Aye - but you've done me a shed load of favours too!

But thanks. I have to go to the compressor over the next day or two, to do a job at the request of Kev G, so if you could drop me a quick email once you've been, I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal