Cave Video Lights

JoshW

Looking for some lighting for cave video to assist my Rude Nora.

Needs to be small but powerful, and preferably waterproof. Would prefer USB-C charging of batteries (trying to avoid buying any new devices that aren't USB-C)

Current options include:
Lumecube - rechargeable so once battery is dead it's done, but is USB-C
Custom Duo Blind Bat - looks great build quality, using plain 18650's looks a good move, "only" 1000 lumens - is that enough?

I know a few others are using head torches or hand torches, so recommendations of specific models would be great.

JoshW

PaulW said:
I've a couple of blind bats with the original batteries

Interesting, might need to borrow/have a play with them. You know how much difference there is between your ones and the latest ones?

royfellows

There are diffusers available that fit ordinary torches made by Nitecore. Their 60 mm diffuser fits the cheap eBay 4 cell torches that sell for about ?20, but the torches are poor and the output dives at a greater rate that the battery depletion. There are better ones which are similar.

tomferry

Wowtac a2s a great budget torch mine has been to hell and back never has let me down also very cheap . Is a helmet torch but could stand it up if your on a budget I guess !  For any wall holes that you need lighting etc