Snatcher Pot

adamski555

On  the second of my Thursday  evening caving trips ,last week being a trip into Dowbergill passage from the Dow end to Rock window at stream level.We decided to do snatcher pot in Penyghent gill.My only experience of this trip was about 4 years earlier when i got to the start of the narrow traverse and came out.This time i wanted to go further but to make life easier for myself i decided not to take my SRT rig what meant i would not get down the 18m pitch .The traverse and climb were much easier than last time after this there are to more big climbs which a rope on both is a good idea soon i was at the head of the 18m pitch.I turned for home while the others went down this .The climb had a couple of slings on it which Made life easier.The next climb had no rope on it ,which made it a bit harder.Next it was a short climb then the traverse .The trick is to get high and stay high.All that was left was the narrow crawl round the right angle bends.As i made it to the surface the first 3 had caught me up .Eventually everone was out and off to the pub we went in Litton.I wish i had worn my fleece undersuit rather than my neofleece.All in all a good trip.
PS I felt sorry for one of our team who carried 2 SRT rigs in a Bernies bag all the way to the 18m pitch then out again.It weighed a ton back on the surface.

dunc

:eek: blimey, a report for Snatcher! It seems to be a lesser visited pot, which is a shame as it's actually a good little trip.(y)
It's about 8 years since I was last in there, keep thinking about a re-visit but never get round to it.. One day..