• CSCC Newsletter - May 2024

Available now. Includes details of upcoming CSCC Annual General Meeting 10th May 2024

Click here for more info

Another Pull through thread.

SamT

No pun intended.

We are probably going to be installing some pull throughs in the near future. Since - as we all know - the current designs in Nettle and Oxlow are not brilliant I thought I'd canvas opinion.

Our favoured design at the moment is -

2 P bolts - 2 sections of stainless 'rated' chain to a stainless D mallion in a Y configuration.

Discuss.......

Stu

i think this is ok if the d maillon doesnt turn around so any rope being pulled wouls run through the "corner" which may catch. could it not be a large "o" ring welded into chain? when will you be doing the work... are volunteers needed?!?

SamT

Dont know when we will be doing the work yet - theres a boulder choke to drop first that may damage anything we install on its way past, so it wont be for a while, there's also talk of grants from NCA but its all a bit 'fag packet' at the moment. If you intersted, come along sometime. Send us a mail or message on this board. I'm off boarding next week so it will have to be after then. 8)