Author Topic: The Log Of The Wookey Hole Exploration Expedition 1935 - Original  (Read 3126 times)

Offline yrammy

• forum star
The caving library is very grateful  to Jan Pick who has donated an original copy of  The Log Of The Wookey Hole Exploration Expedition 1935 to us.
This is a limited edition number 150.  In excellent condition with a letter from Balcombe to Pick included.

So wonderful to add such a book to our holdings.

Mary

Offline rhychydwr1

• forum hero
  • The Mayor of Cwm Parc
    • http://www.showcaves.com
Re: The Log Of The Wookey Hole Exploration Expedition 1935 - Original
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 01:18:23 pm »
A good read!  The reprint is still available from the cave Diving Group.

https://cavedivinggroup.org.uk/ecommerce/cave-diving-books/

Well worth buying a copy!

Offline yrammy

• forum star
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:59:34 am »
We have a reprint copy too :-)

Offline Duncan Price

• forum star
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 01:00:56 pm »
The caving library is very grateful  to Jan Pick who has donated an original copy of  The Log Of The Wookey Hole Exploration Expedition 1935 to us.
This is a limited edition number 150.  In excellent condition with a letter from Balcombe to Pick included.

So wonderful to add such a book to our holdings.

Mary

There were 175 printed on paper from the Mill at Wookey Hole.  Original price 7 s 6 d - they now change hands at several hundred pounds a copy at auction.  For this reason I put together a near facsimile reprint in 2009 (so that I could have a copy) working from Balcombe's annotated but un-numbered personal copy on loan from the CDG library.  The book was too valuable to scan and OCR the text, so I had to manually transcribe it, retaining the author's original punctuation and spelling - the pagination is almost identical too.  The reprint also includes the story of the Log's production written by Balcombe in 1988.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal