Accident Group, oops!

cap n chris

There's irony here, somewhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6541131.stm

http://www.itv.com/news/britain_890b5d9bdb724803c67a81c7d3ddd824.html

W

wormster

Kinda says it all eh?

sue and get no money 'coz we're in liquidation.

:read:

D

darkplaces

Good I hope he suffered really really horribly, in lots of pain, but not too much so he stays awake right to the end.  :beer:

I am available for speaking at motivational seminars anywhere in the country....

cap n chris

My guess is that, like Shipman, he topped himself (in a high speed wipeout) so his wife and family could keep his assets which otherwise would have been taken from him by the courts. Or maybe he had an accident? - could happen, I guess. After all just because you're a member of the Royal Family it doesn't mean you aren't immune from dying in something as mundane and workaday as a road accident.

Just remember, "Where there's blame, there's a claim". Hey ho.  ;)

anfieldman

I really cannot believe the comments on this thread. I know that what this guy did to his employees was bloody disgusting and I for one wanted him to suffer badly in some way but somewhere his daughter and wife are obviously distraught. It makes me wonder if any of you have actually lost a close relative before and how you would feel if someone took the piss out of them dying.  I have enjoyed a lot of previous threads bysomeof the people who have commented on here, which makes this even more surprising. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Come to think of it this thread should never have even been started.
:thumbsdown:

D

darkplaces

anfieldman said:
I really cannot believe the comments on this thread. I know that what this guy did to his employees was bloody disgusting and I for one wanted him to suffer badly in some way but somewhere his daughter and wife are obviously distraught. It makes me wonder if any of you have actually lost a close relative before and how you would feel if someone took the piss out of them dying.  I have enjoyed a lot of previous threads bysomeof the people who have commented on here, which makes this even more surprising. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Come to think of it this thread should never have even been started.
:thumbsdown:

So you hate free speech and views different to your own and think everyone deserves to be happy regardless of the pain and suffering they knowingly inflict on others.

It maybe sad for the innocents left behind but nasty people deserve nothing less then to suffer as an example to others.

Stu

c**tplaces said:
So you hate free speech and views different to your own and think everyone deserves to be happy regardless of the pain and suffering they knowingly inflict on others.

It maybe sad for the innocents left behind but nasty people deserve nothing less then to suffer as an example to others.

Comparing this guy with Saddam, Chris; and the comments above, have fcuk all with defending free speech (dp - you manage, with woeful ignorance, to stand accused of exactly what you're ranting against!) and the greater good of mankind. The truth behind the "text sackings" isn't quite as easy as "he texted them etc". It was, at the time in the hands of administrators, from where the original text was probably sent. I have no wish to defend this guy (a friend of my girlfriend at the time was one of those sacked); he was a weasel by all accounts - surely a better example would be for him to have lived and been chased down for the tax he managed to avoid paying and other misdemeanour's and crimes that he will now, never have to face.

The jokes are quite funny though... 

cap n chris

anfieldman said:
I for one wanted him to suffer badly.... You should be ashamed of yourselves. 

Strangely, I have/had no axe to grind over this person and I wished him no ill will, unlike Anfieldman. I'm not ashamed either; however now that he is dead and as an ex-ill-wisher, perhaps you are. The thread was started because of the massive irony behind this whole sorry story and its relevance to the sue-now-think-later culture which threatens caving seemingly at every turn.

whitelackington

cap 'n chris said:
anfieldman said:

Strangely, I have/had no axe to grind over this person and I wished him no ill will, unlike Anfieldman. I'm not ashamed either; however now that he is dead and as an ex-ill-wisher, perhaps you are. The thread was started because of the massive irony behind this whole sorry story and its relevance to the sue-now-think-later culture which threatens caving seemingly at every turn.

"What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole earth but loses his soul"

badger

c**tplaces said:
Dep said:
Likely cause of death - it seems he was a piss-poor driver!
Might have been a badger laid a trap for him?

Guilty I was in Spain, and although in Matienzo was sending shock waves through to the south due to my digging efforts

Stu

cap 'n chris said:
anfieldman said:

The thread was started because of the massive irony behind this whole sorry story and its relevance to the sue-now-think-later culture which threatens caving seemingly at every turn.

At the risk of going wildly off topic (on UKCaving? Never!)... the reason his company went bust was because they "bought" cases that every reasonable firm was chucking away. They or at least he, seemed to be falling for the myth firms like his were creating (now that's irony!). If cases of negligence are being won then it's because someone was negligent. There is no threat if you're doing the right thing at the right time.

AndyF

He was a crook, just like drug pushers, people traffickers etc. etc.

Fact that he was a "white collar" criminal seems to gain him some sympathy in certain quarters...

He ripped poorer people off and somehow escaped justice - just how did he afford that ferrari when his company went bankrupt owing people wages.....????

So I've no sympathy for him. As for sympathy for his wife and family - well they chose to live with a criminal and benefit from the gains he made - so no sympathy for them either.