Rockness stone mine / Descent 87, p 7

D

darkplaces

I am after some information about Rockness stone mine. Also anyone got Decent 87 and can take a look at page 7 for me for any info, I would be interested. Maybe you could read it to me or sell me the thing or er take a photo :D

Thanks

Les W

I expect you could find Descent 87 in the Wessex Library, and even photocopy or scan the bits you want.  ;)

Only problem is, you would need to be on Mendip to do that.  :(

graham

Most good caving club libraries must surely have Descent.

Does c**tplaces not belong to a good caving club?

D

darkplaces

graham said:
Most good caving club libraries must surely have Descent.

Does c**tplaces not belong to a good caving club?
Yes I do but I live far away, I cant just pop in and I am trying to save the planet by not burning fossil fules to get a few lines of text.

Infact axbridgecaver (ACG club chairman) has responded with the information I wanted. In short it talks of a roof fall while a group of cavers were underground blocking the exit causing a differant entrance to be used.

What I am after now (and axbridgecaver may well be on the case already :) ) is any access details, if anyone has recently been in from here. Of course trying to do it all above board etc ;) dont want to have to go ramming the gates with my specially equiped gate ramming 4x4 with attached ramming equipment. I could just go and gnaw on the bars, if I knew were it was...

A

AMW

The fall did not block the entrance it just made us unhappy about using that way out on the day  :eek:
Andrew

D

darkplaces

AMW said:
The fall did not block the entrance it just made us unhappy about using that way out on the day  :eek:
Andrew
lol - I aggree with that assesment..
Andrew can I ask about access, maybe in PMs if you dont want every man+gerbil knowing?