Grotte Chevalier, R?seau de la Dent de Crolles

langcliffe

I have been informed by Gilbert Bohec that the entrance to Grotte Chevalier is in a very unstable condition, and is prone to being blocked. Those of you have been there may remember that the entrance is a steep slide down over frost-shattered scree which almost reaches the roof. I suspect that is the problem area.

The Sp?l?o Secours Is?re recommend that the entrance be checked before the classic through trip from Trou du Glaz is attempted.

Also, the Col du Coq road remains blocked on the St. Pierre de Chartreuse side, which doesn't help the logistics of  trips from the plateau to Grotte du Guiers Mort, and is likely to be so at least until next summer. I'll post on here when it is open again.

langcliffe

I have just been informed by Gilbert Bohec that a new entrance, called Maxi Mega Marmotte, has been opened up 60 metres to the north and 3 metres above the Grotte Chevalier, which after ten minutes of narrow meanders enters Chevalier's Galerie Prunier. So there is now a Plan B if the entrance of Chevalier is found to be blocked at the end of a pull-through...

I'm off to the Cairngorms for a few days, so I will update my website when I get back.